·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I would like to have the following:

dash with RPM + oil temp + Water temp

Now I thought I could do this with the TrailTech Vapor dash
as they do sell the oil sensor adaptors but I can't find the oil sensors themselves nor can I find on the spec of the vapor that it can read 2 sensors.

Has someone already tried this?
If it can only read 1 sensor at a time can't you just put a switch between the sensors that you can flick that in pos 1 of the switch it shows you the oil and in pos 2 it shows you the water temp?

Or am I talking bs? :p

any help would be welcome ;)

(PS: anyone with a Vapor installed, can't they post a pic here off their kfx700? Here in Belgium we have special KL dashes installed and I would like to see if I could retain this KL dash?)

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
hi Blue

did get your PM, and do have lots of pics, where one can see the trail tech vapour and the GPS mounted on the handle bars, however none where the intalation can be seen clear!!

oops!!!:eek:

will take clear dedicated pics of how the whole thing is mounted, and will post as soon as that is done!!

tonight will be home late, so either tonight still or early tomorrow morning!!
hope that will help!!:D

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok thanks alot!!

@Spyke:
yes, the others are the girl models with the heated handlebars :p

(to all the rest, spyke and I ride together all the time:))

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
sounds like you guys have a great riding group that side!!
great!!:D

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
well here are the pics!!

a front over all view

a view of the bracket round the handle bar, take note of the piece of rubber belting, to stop the metal to metal contact between bracket and handle bars!!

another one, similar, just better quality

another view of the bracket

a full side view of the mounting bracket

from the other side

the left side of the bracket
reason why its read, couz the original bracket was on the Honda, and moved it over to the kawie when I bought it!!:lol:

the bracket (red part was built from a 25mm tubbing with a slot cut in it for the 2x20mm flat bar to slide into it) and then welded together and then painted Honda RED!!!

Right side!!

last pic of the bracket

hope this helps, not sure if it will come out as one post or as two or three posts!!

:D

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
excellent!!!

thanks alot.
This is indeed a very good idea to mount all the goodies on. ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts