Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I been using true fuel for the last 3 months and I defiantly notice the diffrence on my 03 Lakota and my other quad (different company non Kawasaki) I used STA-BIL once or twice.with 92 pump gas but With TruFuel I use the biggest can almost 1 gal and my tank take about 2 cans on Lakota. I recently swaped out carbs and the one that was on quad Chinesse knock off was surprisingly clean I believe it was because of True Fuel I put in a OEM carb that I rebuilt, My
Fluid Yellow Liquid Material property Gas
Fluid Drink Wood Gas Font
only thing is $$ True Fuel is 20$ a 119 Fl Oz jug compared to gas at pump and 5$ for a bottle of STA-BIL ! So is STA-BIL as good as True fuel whats everyones opinion I feel in the long run maintain e and replacing parts trueduel may save me $ but can I get same results with 92 octane gas at pump treated with STA-BIL ?

·
Registered
643 Posts
stabil was nothing but problems.
did not matter what fuel we used 87,89,93 or rec fuel.
gummed up boats, snowblowers, sleds, and atvs.
bought gas different stations, stored machines different locations and times of the year.
not just me but alot of people i know 50?

we use fitch drop in pellets like the military does.

however the true fuel seems to be the way to go for long term storage

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bought gas different stations, stored machines different locations and times of the year.

yes I really happy with the way quads are running with the True fuel in long run its proberly my best bet Im going to check out my carb in about a month or two and post reaults with using nothing but True fuel

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Where do u get fitch drop online ??

·
Registered
67 Posts
Star Tron has worked good for me as well. I put it in all my kids small bikes. I also run ethanol free in them as well just to make sure they aren't going to gum up. I got tired of constantly cleaning the XR 50's carb due to ethanol blend fuels.

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Star Tron has worked good for me as well. I put it in all my kids small bikes. I also run ethanol free in them as well just to make sure they aren't going to gum up. I got tired of constantly cleaning the XR 50's carb due to ethanol blend fuels.
Im running true fuel witch is ethanol free for the same reason

·
Registered
67 Posts
Im running true fuel witch is ethanol free for the same reason
If you can find a gas station around you that sales ethanol free at the pump you will pay alot less for it that way than the true fuel. I have ran Star Tron in ethanol gas and it seems to treat it well. Without the Star Tron in ethanol gas my xr50 would run like trash after sitting for a couple of weeks with it it runs just fine. Last fall I accidentally put ethanol gas in my lawn mower at the end of the season. I was too lazy to drain it and put ethanol free in and just dosed it with Star Tron instead. This spring it fired right up no problem after sitting all winter.

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If you can find a gas station around you that sales ethanol free at the pump you will pay alot less for it that way than the true fuel. I have ran Star Tron in ethanol gas and it seems to treat it well. Without the Star Tron in ethanol gas my xr50 would run like trash after sitting for a couple of weeks with it it runs just fine. Last fall I accidentally put ethanol gas in my lawn mower at the end of the season. I was too lazy to drain it and put ethanol free in and just dosed it with Star Tron instead. This spring it fired right up no problem after sitting all winter.
unfortunately where I live in Brooklyn NY no gas stations that sell ethanol free anywhere even close Im going to use Startron istead of Sta-BIL for storage and keep using True Fuel also I really notice a huge difference with the Trueduel then ethonal gas especially when I pull the carb or dont start my quads for a few days

·
Registered
71 Posts
Yeah ethanol free is what you need. I’m lucky here in Texas to have a Bucee’s near my house, they’re kind of a supermarket for fuel.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Im not sure if it would be cheaper, but canned race gas like VP racing's stuff comes in 5 gallon or bigger sizes. A 5 gallon tank @ $20 a gallon is insane. hell, go to an small airport and buy AV gas, its E free free also.

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Im not sure if it would be cheaper, but canned race gas like VP racing's stuff comes in 5 gallon or bigger sizes. A 5 gallon tank @ $20 a gallon is insane. hell, go to an small airport and buy AV gas, its E free free also.
Thats a great idea yea its almost 20$ a gallon good thing only is quad hold s about 2 gallon and it does last pretty long but its pricey There is a few airports close by thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
I miss the wifes little yamaha bear tracker. You could ride it all week on a tank of gas. My 700 on the other hand suck it up like a pig. Id go broke buying fuel.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts