Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok this should be fairly easy for you guys. My bike is bone stock besides the single HMF exhaust. HMF suggested 142 and 145 jets. I'm at about 75 feet above sea level, and I think HMF's suggestion was at 900ft. The bike runs ok, but its got a few issues. I can noticably tell a lack of power throughout all RPMs, and at WOT long runs on the top end, it pops and sputters a good bit. I'm pretty sure its on the rich side by smelling it. It actually ran much better with the stock jets installed. almost perfect actually. What would be a good remedy to this issue besides changing the jets back out? Would cutting some holes in the airbox lid help out a little bit?

·
Premium Member
2,440 Posts
the exhaust is almost wasted and the jetting is probably too much if you can't get some more air into it. 142/145 isn't that big otherwise.

·
Registered
114 Posts
You probably are a tad rich. Do The 12 hole mod to the airbox. You can always tape over some of the holes if you're too lean after the mod. The mod is simple to do and is free.

·
Premium Member
2,440 Posts
do the mod and if you are too lean, up the jets. Your airbox cant make you too lean but it can make you too rich. Think about it.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
do the mod and if you are too lean, up the jets. Your airbox cant make you too lean but it can make you too rich. Think about it.

Hmmmm:hmm::hmm::hmm:

Kenny

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok i'll try to get some time this week to do the 12 hole mod......I'm sure there is a write up on it somewhere (I know its 12 1" holes, I just need some input on placement of the holes in the lid).........What will be some obvious signs on these bikes (besides pulling plugs) of being too lean? I'm new to the kawies (and engine mods on ATVs for that part)..........I'm use to mustangs, drag cars, etc.

·
Premium Member
2,440 Posts
All I'm saying is, if you make more air and more fuel to your bike until you meet the capacity of your exhaust/exhaust vavles/exhaust ports, then you are making the most power you can. Don't restrict your airbox to get the mixture right or you're just wasting free h.p.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I know what your saying ^

1 - 8 of 8 Posts