Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haven't had a chance to look at this yet but seems really wierd. After getting everything put back together took it out for a run and noticed everytime I made a hard left turn ( even at idle) it wants to die like it's shorting out or pulling on wires somewhere? I guess if it was shorting it would pop the fuse?

I'm going to look into it today but wanted to post and see if anybody has had this problem before to give me some place to start looking. Seems to run really well going striaght or even on right hand turns it's just when I make a hard left?

I did add a lighter plug for 12volt power on the right hand side just in front of the tank plastic but I can't see where that would have anything to do with it. The wires run down the right hand side to the batt. Is there anything that it could be pulling that would cause it to die?

·
Premium Member
11,525 Posts
Your throttle cable is to tight...give it some slack.

·
Premium Member
3,762 Posts
Sounds like it's pulling on the throttle cable or should I say pushing it back.When I first out on my flexx bars it did the same thing and I had to reroute the cables a bit.

·
Super Moderator
9,448 Posts
Stock carbs or 36's? When I first installed my 36's, it did the same thing...figured out it was jetted way off.

·
Premium Member
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Makes sense! Be an easy fix then. Thanks for the reponses I appreciate it!

·
Premium Member
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They are stock but I did have them off a couple of times this winter

·
Premium Member
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yep it was the throttle cable! Gave it some slack and it's running great go figure. Thanks for your help Pipo and Primvnut I really appreciate it. :D

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Man that's cool---Problem up----Problem solved---Boom

Kenny

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
I second That Kenny....
This place ROCKS!:rock:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts