Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

What do you think of putting duel rear wheels on a Brute Force?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Update on the 650 Brute Force!!!!!!!!!!!
OK........Got back to the machine tore it down took off the carbs.....found a flat piece of micro trash half the size of a grain of sand lodged in the pilot jet of the problem carb. Cleaned both carbs and installed an inline clear fuel filter just inside the side panel and added sea foam to the fuel tank. Fired it up, warmed it up, adjusted idle speed, .....It now runs better than new. The engine cranks up and is running with only a half round of start. It idles as smooth as good whiskey!
Thanks to you guys for your info!
Now gonna service and do the 750 BruteF with the filter and sea foam, .....also the belt light just started flashing on it ..so more work in the shop. It has 165 hrs on it and it was taken in to the dealer at the 100 hr belt light flash in which they may have only reset the switch. So the belt may actually need attention now.........I do have a service manual .........But I will appreciate all the info anyone can give on inspecting, adjusting, and getting the drive belt in tip top shape......................Thanks again! Camo Joe

·
Registered
96 Posts
be sure to upgrade the axles if going bigger and/or aggressive

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
???????????????

Thanks Guys...........I still need help with the low range problem.:confused:

Thanks for voting on the poll above!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
The only benefit I can see with this duals concept is if you are using it for a food plot for wildlife, etc. and need the extra width to avoid compaction, yes I have a farming background. Other than that, what would be the point other than to say you did it? I see more potential drawbacks for the everyday rider. My2cts.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
750 BF Low Range Noise!!! Help!!!!

What low range problem?
750 BF Low Range Noise!!! Help!!!!
2005 750 Brute Force 4x4i.........Belt light came on and in limp mode .........165 hrs........
OK ...I adjusted the belt by taking out the a shim to get it in specs on the belt deflection.....put it all back....reset the belt light........everything works fine except when its in Low Range. I can take off for a bit in low range and let off and it sounds like every gear in the machine has been stripped out. It sounds like the noise is @ or under the converter pully cover. I've got the cover off now and looking into the engine brake control, the drive pully and so forth but haven't checked all specs (measurements) yet.
The noise is grinding, clattering, and then when the machine is almost stopped it clears up.............

Thanks for your help and experience!!!!!!!!!!!!!
camo joe

·
Vendor
15,419 Posts
adjust the linkage to the shifter. you will wear the legs off the trans gear so don't ride it like that.

also check the motor mounts. the front lower especially. when they come loose, the motor moves and the linkage adjustment comes out.

it's more noticable in low due to the torque.

John

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
aok

ok...........

I checked the motor mounts......front bottom and upper rear and brackets and put some more torque on them, adjusted the shifter linkage (which is really sensitive)........took it out for a test drive and "Hell Yes!"
I dogged it hard several times accelerating and decelerating with no braking and everything worked and sounded as it should. Now gonna install a horn and button and wake up the neighbors about midnight.........

.....Thanks for your help and keep your powder dry!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts