Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought an upp crossover intake for my 2004 prairie 700 and i was wondering if someone could help with jetting. The motor is all stock internally. It has a Big Gun full exhaust, dyna cdi, 6 1" holes in the airbox lid, needles shimmed .030", slides polished, idle screw out 3 turns, EPI Maroon primary and Black secondary, Napa hose mod. I usually ride it at around 3000'-5000'. If anyone could help me out, i would appreciate it.

·
Premium Member
2,440 Posts
I just bought an upp crossover intake for my 2004 prairie 700 and i was wondering if someone could help with jetting. The motor is all stock internally. It has a Big Gun full exhaust, dyna cdi, 6 1" holes in the airbox lid, needles shimmed .030", slides polished, idle screw out 3 turns, EPI Maroon primary and Black secondary, Napa hose mod. I usually ride it at around 3000'-5000'. If anyone could help me out, i would appreciate it.
You can go up considerably. These intakes love fuel. If you're running 155's you could easily go to 160 or 162. You don't really need to stagger the jets anymore either.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Right now its jetted at 138f and 142r. Would somewhere around 155 or 160 be a good starting point? How long do i have to run it, to get an accurate plug reading? I don't have access to a dyno, so i am going to have to get it tuned on my own. I'm more used to jetting 2 strokes, which don't take very long at all to get a plug reading.

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
With the 6 1" holes your going to be jetted alot higher then 155. I'd bet you going to be in the 180's maybe 190's. Turn your A/F screws back to 2.5 and buy some #42 pilot jets.

On my stock 05 650 I have the crossover intake Muzzy exhaust and Napa hose mod and I'm at 170f 172r. I have no holes in my lid.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got the UPP crossover intakes installed and jetted correctly. Wow! What a difference! Very noticable power increase throughout the entire powerband and it sounds really mean! I definitely recommend this mod, its well worth the money. My next mod will be the VFJ clutch mod...

·
Premium Member
2,440 Posts
I got the UPP crossover intakes installed and jetted correctly. Wow! What a difference! Very noticable power increase throughout the entire powerband and it sounds really mean! I definitely recommend this mod, its well worth the money. My next mod will be the VFJ clutch mod...
I will tell Bill when I see him.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have a 162 in the front and a 165 in the rear. The pilot screws are 2.5 turns out. It starts very easily with full choke, even when it is less than 30 degrees outside. It does take a little while longer to warm up though. It doesn't seem like its any harder on fuel economy than it was before. That was one of my main concerns. It seems like i can only get about 60 miles out of a full tank. Probably the way i ride it though...

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
By the way, Bill was really good to work with. I would recommend his work to anyone. Great customer service.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts