Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help! I was going to mount the UPP cross-over intakes when I noticed that there is a vacuum hose running from the stock intake to the fuel tap. There is no provision for this hose on the UPP intakes. Should I block it off? Or do I have to make some kind of connection to the UPP intakes for the vacuum hose? What does this hose actually do?:confused::confused::confused:

·
Premium Member
1,635 Posts
Take the cap off the fitting on the other stock intake and use it to block the fitting on the fuel switch. You'll have to run it on "Prime" now. It's just a vacuum operated stop on the fuel to keep fuel from flowing when the motor is not running, but we really don't need it because we use an electric fuel pump.

·
Registered
10,321 Posts
Get rid of the fuel valve all together. You don't need it.

How many times have you even used it? :D

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the quick reply:) I blocked it off as you suggested and switched to prime. Got it installed and just went out to test it. I had to turn the dial-a-jets up to maximum fuel in order to get it to run good. I don´t know if I'm still lean but I'll check on the color of the sparkplugs when I've run it for some time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts