Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
10,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
John have you or do you know of anyone using the UPP Crossover Intakes with NOS?

Just curious if they work better, worse or no difference?

·
Premium Member
23,817 Posts
well you'll be almost doubling up the shot to each cylinder, if you're using a nozzle in each intake now.....so it would seem to me:confused:

·
Registered
10,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good point.

·
Premium Member
23,817 Posts
That's just the way I'm looking at it Roger.....kinda in theory.

If it works that way in actuality , don't know.

I've kinda wondered the same thing, say running a common airfilter and 2 Bonnie manifolds in it, versus the way i have it now with 2 individual filters.

In my head I've worked it out both ways, either it'll stay the same or I'll be getting twice as much to each cylinder with a single filter

·
Registered
10,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Ya, I'm just kind of thinking out loud.

Besides I'm still waiting for my UPP's to get here............ Should be any day now. :huh:

:lol::lol::lol:

·
Premium Member
22,490 Posts
Dude... really?

Really? You rode it. :p

·
Premium Member
23,817 Posts
well there you go, Terry's actually spraying twice the amount than what he told everybody:p

·
Premium Member
22,490 Posts
Not true. I have one common manifold in a common filter. The nozzle doesn't spray twice the amount. Neither does yours monk. It can't. The air velocity at high rpm doesn't allow for nitrous from one side to redirect and go to the other side, then magically play musical cylinders back and forth causing twice the shot. If you're spraying 15 per nozzle... you got 30, not 60.

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
When you go to UPPs doesn't it require more jet? If that is the case isn't it drawing more air?

·
Premium Member
23,817 Posts
throw yours out, since you are set up that way

But, if you run a nozzle in each separate intake say a 10 shot (I can add and subtract that easier) then each cylinder is getting just that.
Now tie both of those together with the UPP intakes, now it's not only drawing from the one nozzle but also the second.....that is the reason for using the UPP...to utilize both carbs:confused:
When you are spraying, both nozzles are energized and are constantly spraying till you let off.....so now, is it not utilizing the extra nitrous and fuel of the other nozzle??????????

Now here is where I run into my own conundrum.....this is for a single intake and nozzle....since they are indeed constantly spraying while energized, for that brief millisecond when the intakes are closed on that particular cylinder.....you have a small build up of nitrous and fuel/because it's spraying even when the valves are closed...not like the air being drawn through the carb. Now if that small build up is calculated in the figuring of the HP jetting....with the UPP intakes there wouldn't be that build up....so it may all just be a wash.....come out the same:lol::lol::lol:

Dude you don't know how long I've tried to reason that out :lol:

·
Premium Member
22,490 Posts
In your setup, I'd say you are probably drawing more nitrous into each cylinder with a 10 going in and drawing maybe 2 from the other cylinder via UPP. There has to be an equation for it but I'm not Enstein either. :lol: That millisecond doesn't allow for the full shot from one side to go through to the other at a 90 degree angle. If you do a quick calculation with the size of jets before and after the UPP's and ratio it with a 10 shot of nitrous, the nitrous shot would be 11.76 per cylinder. Make sense? Not sure if that's correct but you get the way I'm thinking.

Yes Enigma... more air, more fuel.

·
Premium Member
23,817 Posts
lol, this thinking all came about because I have another set of carbs I was gonna try. I can't use the dual filters on them though, so I was trying to figure it out in my little ole mind. If I run the same dual manifolds on the top into the common filter....will I be double dosing each cylinder:confused:

this would be a little different than say the UPP's with a like NX set up into each intake. Being the Boonie, you are basically fogging the nitrous into the airfilter....so with say a 10 shot pill in each manifold and running 2 manifolds, are you actually spraying a 20 shot now for each cylinder?????? Where as before in each individual filter you are spraying 10 into each cylinder. And where my mind starts getting hazy.....the amount of nitrous flowing through the manifolds is the same. So if you are utilizing all the nitrous it's spraying through both manifolds, regardless whether you are running a common filter or dual filters.....would the hp increase not be the same:confused:
:confused:
This is before I finished them....G-rider is borrowing them right now.

·
Premium Member
22,490 Posts
Toss two apples in a bucket. Run over and look inside. Holy shit... there's 4 in there. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
23,817 Posts
no shit

But here's another part of it :lol: See the Boonie is originally set up to spray into the stock common air filter and thus that's what they base their HP rating on......One nozzle with a 10 shot pill going into 2 cylinders

So am I actually really only getting a 10 hp increase when I think I'm doing a 20 or am i getting 40:lol::lol::lol:

·
Premium Member
22,490 Posts
:huh:

:lol:

10hp / 2 cylinders = 5 per cylinder with one manifold with one 10 hp pill. But if you run 2 manifolds with two 10 hp pills, in 2 different air filters, you get 11.76hp per... for a total of 23.52 hp with the UPP's. :lol: :lol:

My head hurts.

·
Premium Member
23,817 Posts
Now what was Roger asking???

LMAO :lol:

·
Premium Member
22,490 Posts
Something about zmann and edges... or something like that. :huh:

·
Premium Member
23,817 Posts
I'll leave that one alone, so many responses come to mind :lol::lol:

·
Registered
10,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Are you two done? :huh:

:lol:

Terry, I didn't know you had UPP's on Tam's V. So with my setup, where I am spraying directly into each carb, I would probably draw a little from each side, but not a bunch. I don't really want to increase my shot, so this is why I was asking.

Now as soon as I get my UPP's from bb650, I'm set. :rolleyes::cool:

·
Premium Member
22,490 Posts
Put the UPP's on and leave everything else alone. The shot will be relatively the same.

How did you not notice? :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts