Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

V Twin engine interchangable parts.

21K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  Arken 
#1 · (Edited)
Does anyone have any links to a website or another thread that gives reliable detailed information about the compatibility of parts between a brute force 750 and the other v twins.

I need to rebuild my motor and can easily find prairie cases and brute force 650 cases alot less exspenive. I hear some people say they interchange and some posts say they don't or need milled.

Are cylinders interchangable. Can I buy a complete bottom end from a 650 and put the 750 jugs and heads on it? ( I understand the 650 has a shorter stroke and I would be destroking it. But if it would work and get me riding again I know where I can get a 650 bottom end)

Does the arctic cat 650 motor fit in a brute? It's made by kawi and looks the same. I just want my quad to run again.

Of course I would love to put the high perfomance parts in it and make it fast but the finances are not there and I think even the 650 stock performs pretty well.

My quad is a brute force 750 I didn't want confusion becuase I keep throwing out 650. I have just found that I can buy a used 650 motor alot cheaper so I was thinking about putting that in for now. Thanks Ryan

See less See more
#2 ·
if its a 650i bottom end then bolt it in and go, im not sure if the 750 jugs will bolt in though without enlarging the holes in the case, but they might because they are aluminum like the 750.. the 650 solid axle bottom end is a little different, you will definately have to bore the cases for the 750 jugs, and the rear output is different somehow but it can be changed without much trouble..

#4 · (Edited)
The 650 in the Arctic Cat is a prarie motor. That's what I have in mine. I'm fixing to do a 840 bbk on mine and Glenn at AMR said I will have to bore the case for the 750 jugs to fit on it, they will not just bolt on. I bought some jugs from Brett750 on here. If you go with a 700 crank and rods in that 650 you will like it. That's what I'm doing with mine. About 6 more hp with it. Hope this helps

#9 ·
My cases are broke

I had a conecting rod come apart and the cap went through the case. I am thinking about welding it but prairie cases are pretty reasonable on ebay so I could just buy some used cases. I was hoping someone on ther had a set of brute cases they would sell cheap but no luck.

#11 ·
JakeDogg Thanks for the info. I assumed the kfx 700 cases are different I thought they were 2 wheel drive and I assumed no front output shaft. Is there just a cover over the front output hole. The KFX and Prairie cases have a different kawi part number. If they are the same cases why are the part numbers different. I am not questioning your knowledge I just don't want to spend money on something that won't work. Thanks Ryan

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.