Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I've been wrenchin on my v and figured I would make sure the valves were adjusted right (should have left alone). I adjusted all to what the repair book says and when I cranked it up it was tickin like a clock. Before I adjusted them they had no clearance and were a lil tight but I have nothin to go by to get back to that point. I have tried adjusting them in small increments but now it doesnt want to run right :pissed: I guess I will have to take it to the dealer unless anyone has any ideas. Thanks!

·
Registered
248 Posts
if you had to adjust them a whole lot you were probably 180 out. I have done that several times until i figured out that if you are having to turn the adjustment a lot that was the problem...even when mine were pulling through the heads they only adjusted a very small amount when I had the timing correct.

·
Premium Member
22,490 Posts
Make sure the cam lobes are facing down and the rockers are on the base circle when you adjust them. Adjust the intake to 0.006" and the exhaust to 0.008".

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
This might help you a little---Has some pics---Anything but the stealers---Hang in there the guys on here will walk you through it:clap::clap:

How to: Adjust Valves

Kenny

·
Premium Member
23,817 Posts
factory is I think .10-15mm on intake or like .004-.006
exhaust is .20-.25mm or like .008-.010

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts
Like they said ignore the timing marks! turn the motor a little at a time until you see the rocker move. Then make another half turn and adjust that set. then repeat 3 more times

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys, I'll give it another try today:)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, I just wathced for the rocker arm to be all the way up and now I'm good to go!:lol:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am busy with the same exercise, but on one intake valve I cannot get the feeler gauge in? Not even with the adjustment screw removed? Seems my valve is touching my rocker arm? Other valve adjustment was fine. What do you think, is that one valve seat that badly worn??

·
Registered
12,395 Posts
The valve itself is that badly worn.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts