Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about getting a vasectomy. Just curious if anyone else on this forum has had it done and what was your experience with it. Was it painful? Any regrets? Etc.

Happy trails...:)

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
quite a few of my regulars at the bar have had it done, and they all think its the best. they say its not that painful, youre only down for a few days. also, they say the "experience" is the same.

·
Premium Member
11,677 Posts
I did last year.. it was not much fun at all.... did the lazer/ no stitch thing.... kind of freaky when they take this pad thing and stick it to your hip so you are grounded.... Anyway... for a day or so.. you are pretty well stuck sitting around with ice on your ballz....

·
Premium Member
6,513 Posts
my old man had it done...walked around with a pair of loose fitting jogging pants on for 2-3 days and his nuts looked like he had a bad case of elephantitis..... i WONT have it done...:(

·
Super Moderator
9,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I made an appointment for early December...the urologist that I found uses the no needle and no scalpel technique. Supposedly, that is the least painful and least amount of recovery time. They told me I could drive myself home from the doctor's office, so how bad could it be?

I'm just a little nervous b/c it sounds like this procedure is permanent...not much chance of reversal if I later change my mind. My wife and I are both happy with only having 2 kids, so I don't foresee any regrets.

·
Premium Member
11,677 Posts
I would get a ride ... you basicly have an open bleeding cut in your balls....you feel like driving after that... have fun....

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Had it done about 5 years ago. Not that bad, worse part is the needle in the ball sack and then when they grab the tube with a hook to cut it, feels like u just got kicked in the nuts!:eek: Then u see the smoke and smell the burning flesh! Then u lay around for two days with swollen and black -n- blue sack, even my shank was black and blue!! Other than that no biggie!:lol: The good part is "Free Sex" just like when their pregnant, nothing to worry about!!:p

·
Registered
8,165 Posts
I had it done. Didn't feel a thing during the proceedure. I drove myself home. Sat on the couch in my undies with a cold beer resting on my sack while I drank another. It's nowhere near as bad as alot of people make it out to be. Your nuts swell up a little, just keep some ice on the fukkers and you'll be fine. I missed a day of work.
They give you a shot through your pouch and into the vas deferen. Then the make a small cut in the sack to pull the vas out to cut. They cut it, burn the ends, and clamp em. Then, stitch you up and out the door you go.

·
Premium Member
6,513 Posts
Had it done about 5 years ago. Not that bad, worse part is the needle in the ball sack and then when they grab the tube with a hook to cut it, feels like u just got kicked in the nuts!:eek: Then u see the smoke and smell the burning flesh! Then u lay around for two days with swollen and black -n- blue sack, even my shank was black and blue!! Other than that no biggie!:lol: The good part is "Free Sex" just like when their pregnant, nothing to worry about!!:p

yeah, that right there makes me want to run right out and have it done..... I DONT THINK SO..

·
Premium Member
11,677 Posts
the smell did suck.. nothing smelling burnt is a good thing..

·
Registered
6,067 Posts
Mikey dont do it....with your marriage issues I would wait. It could be a decision u regret later in life. Give it some time and though. Why not have her fixed:D

·
Super Moderator
9,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Donkeykong,

Yes, I thought of that too. She is not willing to get her tubes tied...so I can either do this procedure or else keep rolling the dice every month! lol

It does concern me a little bit to think that if things don't work like I plan them that I may possibly regret the vasectomy later (e.g., if I later remarried someone who wanted kids with me). However, I do know that 2 kids is all that I have ever wanted and that is how many kids I have now...so I'm perfectly happy to have no more kids. Also, I only intend to be married once and I can't see planning my life on possible "what if" scenarios that are not likely to occur (at least as things stand today).

·
Premium Member
579 Posts
Just to give you a heads up. Prostate cancer rates go up a lot with the big V. My wife wouldn't let me do it, so she got her tubes tied.

·
Premium Member
16,646 Posts
It's sounds like your ready to get it done.
So just do it..... but before you do, have batch frozen for later use,if ever needed.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
the end result is worth all the hype ,done it 19 years ago was fine then and Im sure that doctors have came a long way since then......just get ya plenty before you go in cause it will be a few days before you even think about it :tup:

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
My brother had it done about 2 1/2 years ago. When they cut him they accidentally hit a vein. He said they the doc had a Kung Fu grip on his ball sack for almost an hour to get the bleeding to stop. My brother said he was very sore and swollen for about a week. 5 or 6 months later he was in divorce court...

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
:eek:No way man, look into the future, and the darwin therory for every action there is a reaction ...just double it up Mikey and leave the squirty end out:D...jh

·
Super Moderator
9,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
lol...good one Jim! :D

As far as the horror stories, I'm expecting a smoother procedure b/c the doc I chose uses the no needle (they use some kind of "jet spray"...same concept as used by dentists for many years) and don't use a scalpel (instead, they make 2 tiny holes). Supposedly, its less invasive with less recovery time.

I'll have to look into the prostate cancer issue. The website that I read today said that claim was untrue. I need to research it more tho.

I like the frozen sperm idea, but not sure how much that costs.

Thanks for the replies everyone.

·
Registered
445 Posts
i have worked with several guys that have had it done, they all said about the same thing... there wasn't any serious discomfort... one guy lifted something heavy too soon and he was in great pain for a couple of weeks.... i will have it done when it is my time

1 - 20 of 41 Posts