Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

101 - 120 of 135 Posts

·
Vendor
15,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
bugs = CALL POWERCOMMANDER FOR THE UNLOCK CODE!!!

from the power it was making yesterday I see no reason it wouldn't make 68-70 at the wheels. But we were on the RPM limiter with the PCV at 8500 rpm.....

·
Registered
337 Posts
Yes they old rpm limit code don't worry about a customer leaning out there bike or putting to much timing in it and burning it down we just don't won't you to rev it to much .So STUPID Now to sit on hold for half hour to explain why I want to raise the rev limiter on my own bike..:mad:

·
Vendor
15,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
ALso FYI. Stock RPM limiter on a 2012 is 8600-8650 RPM. so if you are running a PCV with the rev extend enabled, you'll be restricted to 8500 rpm.

·
Vendor
15,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
I think everyone on here should call MSD weekly for a 12-13 unit
I had high hopes when I saw the 4244 version 2 unit's released last week. but they just changed the old unit's that fit all the same bikes instead of making a new unit for the new machines.

we need MSD for 2012 and up teryx 4
2013 teryx 2
2012 and up brute 750i

MSD should now have data logging, and expansion ports for 02 sensor setups.

I would also hope for Dual cylinder fuel and spark settings. instead of 1 setting for the 2 cylinders.

·
Vendor
15,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #112
I talked to them the other day. still nothing yet. but they did make a version 2 for the older models which are already available????????? I don't see why they needed to add an accel pump feature when these motors really don't need it.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Best option for all out power at 3/4 to WfO throttle all day riding in the sand with 26" tires, as of today is still your std bore kit? Heads/bigger valves/injectors/ported tb are of no benefit? Sorry I keep bugging you but I personally now have (2)2013 brutes and maybe a buddies 2013 as well all wanting to be as fast as the outy 1000's

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
337 Posts
std bore

Best option for all out power at 3/4 to WfO throttle all day riding in the sand with 26" tires, as of today is still your std bore kit? Heads/bigger valves/injectors/ported tb are of no benefit? Sorry I keep bugging you but I personally now have (2)2013 brutes and maybe a buddies 2013 as well all wanting to be as fast as the outy 1000's

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
The std kit is running great the ported heads are working well still got to get on the dyno one more time since we where stuck hitting the limiter.Had it out sat and when it finally decides to hook in 4wd it pulls like a monster.I have stock throttle bodies not sure if I will bore them in the future or not.But it is running dam good and in my opinion it is a good setup considering we are only 10-12 horse power from doubling the bikes RWHP and still STD bore,Jeff

·
Registered
323 Posts
This is awesome! So waht is the total cost for the STD bore kit with everything needed... How hard is the install?

101 - 120 of 135 Posts
About this Discussion
134 Replies
38 Participants
Patriot50
Kawasaki ATV Forum
KawieRiders.com is the largest Kawasaki ATV owner's forum with information for the Kawasaki KFX700, Brute Force, Prairie, Bayou, Mojave, Lakota and older model Kawasaki ATV's!
Full Forum Listing