Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

121 - 135 of 135 Posts

·
Vendor
15,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #121
Std bore kit is 890 to be exact.

pistons, cams, valve springs, valve seals

I just got in 17 sets of std bore pistons. 10 are for 05-11, the 7 are for the 12-up or teryx 4

·
Registered
930 Posts
John where did you get that wheelie bar? Looks like mine that I sold Mickey.

·
Vendor
15,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #125
John where did you get that wheelie bar? Looks like mine that I sold Mickey.
it should look familiar, it's your wheeliebar!! you sold it to jeff. not mickey.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I was reading through the whole post and I didn’t see what the final RWHP was on the finished product?
I’m real interested and as a side question will this kit run as well on a carb’ed Brute with a CDI and Muzzy duals?
Thanks for your time and obvious hard work.

·
Vendor
15,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #127
Final finished setup in motor was 69-70 all motor with ported heads and 65 rwhp with stock heads, on Pump gas. On NOS we went conservative and spraying 20 shot and making 95 rwhp. we could bump it up easily to the 120 HP range with a larger shot.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Can anyone comment on what kind of fuel mileage to expect with the standard bore kit compared to stock?

·
Vendor
15,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #129
stock gets about 10.

So does the std bore.

There are a ZILLION variables

it all depends how you drive it with your thumb. what springs/tires/clutch mods/tuning/exhaust/intake

My can am 1000 gets 17-18 mpg and makes 74 rwhp. I see near 90 miles to a tank ridden floored in the snow. I barely got 50 miles.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I understand what you mean. I sent you a PM with some other questions too.

Thanks

·
Vendor
15,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #132
no, gaskets are not included, I recomend OEM kawasaki gaskets for best results. Any dealer has these

YES rings are included with the pistons as are pins and clips.

·
Registered
198 Posts
gapless

Hey John for std bore kit do you need to upgrade the injectors?
hey john, I didn`t read all the posts down to this point( in a hurry!) but what`s your theory on the gapless first versus the gapless second rings ?
I`ve run both on 600 horse sbc, and haven`t determined anything. altho , I kind of liked the top set for some reason. I do have a 505" Chrysler w/ the second gapless in it now, not enough time on it to form an opinion on it .

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey John, I have a question for you? My step dad needs to know what the valve agustments are for your standard bore on his 750 brute force? His name is Jesse Pearson, He sent you an email but never got a replay, He knows your really busy with the holidays and what-nots.

121 - 135 of 135 Posts
About this Discussion
134 Replies
38 Participants
Patriot50
Kawasaki ATV Forum
KawieRiders.com is the largest Kawasaki ATV owner's forum with information for the Kawasaki KFX700, Brute Force, Prairie, Bayou, Mojave, Lakota and older model Kawasaki ATV's!
Full Forum Listing