Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

81 - 100 of 100 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,565 Posts
I use a Plastic T fitting in the bottom of the loop and putt a cap on the T and pull it and drain,like John said just condensation build up
Do you run this line back to the original airbox vent, and do you get much out of the line when you take the cap off?

·
Vendor
15,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
It's just oil and humidity water condensing from the pulse of the motor 10000000x during your ride. Won't hurt anything.

I'd say you get a tablespoon of crap in there every 50 hours. All
Depends on your ring seal and riding conditions.

·
Super Moderator
12,565 Posts
I'll probably TEE the line, and run a line down to the bottom of the machine somewhere with a cap on it.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
That's what I have and once n a while pull the cap and drain,it doesn't create much but e ought to drain out I stead of going into the motor and mixing with oil

·
Premium Member
11,677 Posts
Not sure how I missed this... pretty sweet idea.

·
Premium Member
10,238 Posts
They are very nice. I installed one in a friend's V and I would say that is WAY better than one installed on the rear head.

·
Vendor
15,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
They are very nice. I installed one in a friend's V and I would say that is WAY better than one installed on the rear head.
Yes, it's that inner flange that diverts oil around the hole instead of funneling into it.

Plus, the cam acts as as a "fan" blowing all the oil away from the center of it.

You'll see, you could remove the line and run it wide open. barely a drop comes out.

·
Premium Member
10,238 Posts
I am going to be installing an AMR800 kit on my 730. The rear head already have the breather nipple installed. Would there be a point in running that one as well as one of yours AND the factory one? Or... if I got one of your fittings, just cap of the one in the rear head? Yours works very nice as a drain-back point for any oil that gets pushed to the breather box because it is a straight shot down to the fitting.

·
Vendor
15,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
The more crank venting, the better. I don't think you could over do it However, Most are fine with jus the factory and 1 added vent. On the 2012 brute we have one in both heads. It barely gets anything in the hoses even on a NOS run even revving over 9K. the hoses are clear, so it's easy to see. I mainly did this to see if one head pushed more than the other. but they seem to do about the same. Not much at all.

·
Premium Member
10,238 Posts
OK, I will probably get one from you when I put this top end on.

·
Premium Member
10,238 Posts

·
Vendor
15,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
REDESIGNED TO FIT ALL CAMS!! DECOMP OR NO DECOMP WEIGHTS! as of 8/8/2013

http://www.kawieriders.com/forum/in...reather-crank-case-venting-7.html#post1313927

The VFJ Billet head breathers will be 39.95 and have a 1/2 hose they connect to.

39.95 each, 5.00 2 day shipping in USA.

John
John,
I don't see these on your website. I want to buy one, please.
Brian
I don't list a lot of stuff I sell. it's just way too hard to keep up with my workload, so I prefer not to advertise or offer on line ordering.

I have these in stock. 39.00 takes it home.:D

call to order. 570-773-1240

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Heres an idea, ever thought of channelling one side of these cases for a really big "o" ring like the carb bowls to seal the case halves rather than using silicone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Time spent removing engine and splitting cases due to leaking sealant...priceless

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

81 - 100 of 100 Posts