Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Vendor
15,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here is a simple fill in the blank sheet I would like those interested in clutch service to print, fill out and send in with their clutch unit.

Countless hours have been wasted playing "clutch detective" and tracking those down that ship their units in with ZERO information enclosed.

This wastes my time and inhibits my work from getting done in a timely manner.

Hopefully this will make things easier on both of us and prevent confusion and delays.

PLEASE CLICK THE YELLOW BAR ON TOP OF THE PHOTO TO FULL SIZE AND THEN RIGHT CLICK IT, SELECT "PRINT PICTURE" AND ENCLOSE THIS IN THE BOX WITH THE CLUTCH COMPELTED WITH ALL INFORMATION!!!

If you cannot print from this please email me and I will email you the file [email protected]

·
Super Moderator
9,438 Posts
Great idea! That form should save alot of headaches for both you and the customer.

On a related note, I wish the engine builders that I've bought engine kits from in the past would INCLUDE WRITTEN INSTRUCTIONS on how to install the kit (complete with specs for piston ring gaps, recommended break-in oil and procedure, etc.). Not sure if you include instructions with your engine kits or not, but I recall the 2 kits I bought from other engine builders didn't include any instructions. Of course, I know how to install an engine kit now, but I had no idea what I was doing the first time around. Its just a suggestion.

·
Vendor
15,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great idea! That form should save alot of headaches for both you and the customer.

On a related note, I wish the engine builders that I've bought engine kits from in the past would INCLUDE WRITTEN INSTRUCTIONS on how to install the kit (complete with specs for piston ring gaps, recommended break-in oil and procedure, etc.). Not sure if you include instructions with your engine kits or not, but I recall the 2 kits I bought from other engine builders didn't include any instructions. Of course, I know how to install an engine kit now, but I had no idea what I was doing the first time around. Its just a suggestion.
basically same exact specs and instructions found in a service manual. there's no way anyone could explain it any better.

·
Super Moderator
9,438 Posts
Good point. All of the engine disassembly and reassembly instructions and specs are already covered in the Service Manual.

I was just thinking back when I was a newbie to the Kawie engine and it was a bit intimidating to try to follow all of the instructions in the Prairie service manual. That is why I held off on doing a BBK install until after I read a writeup on Nyroc's site with 1 or 2 page instructions of how to install cams in a Prairie 700 (dirtywhiteboy wrote those instructions and I still use them to this day whenever I tear down my motor). Once I saw those basic steps in only 1 or 2 pages, I knew I could do it. I guess the reality is that if a newbie needs help with bbk installation questions, he can always go to Kawieriders. Folks on this site are always happy to help out (and of course you are as well).

·
Vendor
15,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have always wanted to make installation video's, no one really reads instructions anyway. Time and having someone to hold the damn camera is something I'm just short on!!

I can't tell you how many muzzy pipes I have sold for Renegade 800-1000's and everyone calls saying" the pipe is too flared and too loose" then I say. Did you read the directions and pull the gasket out of the stock pipe??? Oh....I must have missed that!!

regardless. I put my phone # on everything I sell. Any issues with stuff I have sold, it's just a phone call away with live help. This seems to work the best out of everything

John

·
Super Moderator
9,438 Posts
Yeah, I must admit that most guys are terrible about making the effort to actually read directions. :D

I really like your idea of doing a video. I totally agree that most folks would prefer that over written instructions these days. Just speculating here, but if an engine builder as well-known as VFJ posted an instruction video on Youtube of how to install a BBK, I bet it would get lots of hits. But that is just a guess. I completely understand your time restrictions...you are probably the most busy person I know of.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
About this Discussion
5 Replies
2 Participants
Mikeyboy_esq
Kawasaki ATV Forum
KawieRiders.com is the largest Kawasaki ATV owner's forum with information for the Kawasaki KFX700, Brute Force, Prairie, Bayou, Mojave, Lakota and older model Kawasaki ATV's!
Full Forum Listing