·
Registered
101 Posts
bump?

·
Premium Member
11,525 Posts
I have the spring rates all sorted out.

I have 4 different zero stall springs. (higher rate are still very low stall due to the engagment # and all 2.5-2.6 inches tall)

they will be VFJ#1 to VFJ#4 And are for use for Teryx and ATV alike

Spring rates are measured exactly at 2.50/1.25 of an inch compressed heights.

VFJ#1 is 10/170 Low stall, Mid-high rate
VFJ#2 is 10/220 Low stall, High RPM
VFJ#3 is 20/250 Low stall, Very High rpm
VFJ#4 is 30/265 Low-Mid stall, Super High RPM

Next I have the higher stall and Atv oriented springs.

VFJ #5 is 55/160 High stall, mid RPM
VFJ#6 is 25/175 Medium stall, mid-high rpm
VFJ #7 is 70/260 High stall, Super High RPM

All these measurments are EXACT. I'll post pics of them when I color code them over the weekend

John

John, can you add the color code to your list of springs on the first post? I honestly forgot what I have...if you remember don't post it here though :lol:.

·
Premium Member
10,191 Posts
The #1 spring is Red w/Purple/Silver stripe
The #6 spring is Red w/ Orange stripe

·
Registered
101 Posts
hey john, i went to a 30x10" tire, weight is about the same on the rear and a rew pounds heavier each in the front, havent put those springs in yet. should i stick with those?

·
Vendor
15,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
The Secondary spring rates for my springs are:

#1 165/265 Gray/white
#2 195/310 Orange/purple
#3 205/345 Orange/Silver
#4 120/220 Gray/Red

I'm also in the process of making 1 more spring

·
Premium Member
10,191 Posts
I think he will suggest the #4. I have that one an like it so far. I believe that is the one made for the V's.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
I think he will suggest the #4. I have that one an like it so far. I believe that is the one made for the V's.
That's very close to what I have now. I just can't help but think more secondary would help hold the RPM in the sand and on hills. I know in the sleds, we put as much secondary as we can and it makes a big difference in hill climbing. Helps the clutch to back shift. I think I might try one I have a few here in stock, I'm gonna throw a 138 / 248 in it see what it does in my test strip.

·
Vendor
15,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
You can screw around with springs until you are blue in the face. the WEIGHTS are where your performance lies.

I would recomend my #4 Sec for your situation. steeper hills, the #1 sec

run that with the #7 pri and my adjustable weights at 50 grams and you got what you were looking for.

John

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
springs

Hey John, I've been reading alot about clutch springs and I'm still confused. So I turn to you for a purchase.I have a stock 05 brute 750,stock Kawi clutch springs,14" ITP wheels w/26" Kenda Bounty Hunters,stock exhaust,3" intake snorkle - rejetted,2" cvt snorkle.I mostly trail ride,creek ride,and minor mud holes.I would like to add a little pep to this bike.This bike is not easy to pull wheelies,unless I lean out the carbs. Will your clutch springs help,and which ones? As I will be getting a new belt soon too,so I may need shims also. Thanks,Dennis

·
Registered
25 Posts
VF John, question for you? I'm a first time owner of the BruteForce 750i, I did my share of research on the 4x4's and went with this beast, very happy with it, but need a little more unff, I definetly aint gonna drag on it, just do a lot of Mudd/ Swamp riding down here in Miami with my buddies. what clutch kit would you recommend for me? So far all i have done to my bike was go with 12' rims with 28" Zillas, 2 inch extreme lift and HL springs and snorkled it. Dynatek CDI coming soon with K&N filter, and slip-on exhaust HMF. oh forgot to mention it's a 2011 model efi.

·
Registered
477 Posts
For easy to find future reference

The Secondary spring rates for my springs are:

#1 165/265 Gray/white
#2 195/310 Orange/purple
#3 205/345 Orange/Silver
#4 120/220 Gray/Red

Primary Spring rates are measured exactly at 2.50/1.25 of an inch compressed heights.

VFJ#1 is 10/170 Low stall, Mid-high rate
VFJ#2 is 10/220 Low stall, High RPM
VFJ#3 is 20/250 Low stall, Very High rpm
VFJ#4 is 30/265 Low-Mid stall, Super High RPM

Next I have the higher stall and Atv oriented springs.

VFJ #5 is 55/160 High stall, mid RPM
VFJ#6 is 25/175 Medium stall, mid-high rpm
VFJ #7 is 70/260 High stall, Super High RPM

·
Premium Member
10,191 Posts
Does anyone know what # primary spring is red with a gold stripe?

·
Registered
12,311 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,191 Posts
It can't be. I have a #6 (the only primary spring I have bought from VFJ) and it has a yellow and a white stripe on it.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Nope it's #6 I have one it's 25 and 175

·
Registered
12,311 Posts
I've got VFJ's master list; it's definately a #6

41 - 60 of 81 Posts
About this Discussion
80 Replies
29 Participants
twyztid
Kawasaki ATV Forum
KawieRiders.com is the largest Kawasaki ATV owner's forum with information for the Kawasaki KFX700, Brute Force, Prairie, Bayou, Mojave, Lakota and older model Kawasaki ATV's!
Full Forum Listing