·
Registered
101 Posts
bump?

·
Premium Member
11,525 Posts
I have the spring rates all sorted out.

I have 4 different zero stall springs. (higher rate are still very low stall due to the engagment # and all 2.5-2.6 inches tall)

they will be VFJ#1 to VFJ#4 And are for use for Teryx and ATV alike

Spring rates are measured exactly at 2.50/1.25 of an inch compressed heights.

VFJ#1 is 10/170 Low stall, Mid-high rate
VFJ#2 is 10/220 Low stall, High RPM
VFJ#3 is 20/250 Low stall, Very High rpm
VFJ#4 is 30/265 Low-Mid stall, Super High RPM

Next I have the higher stall and Atv oriented springs.

VFJ #5 is 55/160 High stall, mid RPM
VFJ#6 is 25/175 Medium stall, mid-high rpm
VFJ #7 is 70/260 High stall, Super High RPM

All these measurments are EXACT. I'll post pics of them when I color code them over the weekend

John

John, can you add the color code to your list of springs on the first post? I honestly forgot what I have...if you remember don't post it here though :lol:.

·
Premium Member
10,195 Posts
The #1 spring is Red w/Purple/Silver stripe
The #6 spring is Red w/ Orange stripe

·
Registered
101 Posts
hey john, i went to a 30x10" tire, weight is about the same on the rear and a rew pounds heavier each in the front, havent put those springs in yet. should i stick with those?

·
Vendor
15,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
The Secondary spring rates for my springs are:

#1 165/265 Gray/white
#2 195/310 Orange/purple
#3 205/345 Orange/Silver
#4 120/220 Gray/Red

I'm also in the process of making 1 more spring

·
Premium Member
10,195 Posts
I think he will suggest the #4. I have that one an like it so far. I believe that is the one made for the V's.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
I think he will suggest the #4. I have that one an like it so far. I believe that is the one made for the V's.
That's very close to what I have now. I just can't help but think more secondary would help hold the RPM in the sand and on hills. I know in the sleds, we put as much secondary as we can and it makes a big difference in hill climbing. Helps the clutch to back shift. I think I might try one I have a few here in stock, I'm gonna throw a 138 / 248 in it see what it does in my test strip.

·
Vendor
15,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
You can screw around with springs until you are blue in the face. the WEIGHTS are where your performance lies.

I would recomend my #4 Sec for your situation. steeper hills, the #1 sec

run that with the #7 pri and my adjustable weights at 50 grams and you got what you were looking for.

John

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
springs

Hey John, I've been reading alot about clutch springs and I'm still confused. So I turn to you for a purchase.I have a stock 05 brute 750,stock Kawi clutch springs,14" ITP wheels w/26" Kenda Bounty Hunters,stock exhaust,3" intake snorkle - rejetted,2" cvt snorkle.I mostly trail ride,creek ride,and minor mud holes.I would like to add a little pep to this bike.This bike is not easy to pull wheelies,unless I lean out the carbs. Will your clutch springs help,and which ones? As I will be getting a new belt soon too,so I may need shims also. Thanks,Dennis

·
Registered
25 Posts
VF John, question for you? I'm a first time owner of the BruteForce 750i, I did my share of research on the 4x4's and went with this beast, very happy with it, but need a little more unff, I definetly aint gonna drag on it, just do a lot of Mudd/ Swamp riding down here in Miami with my buddies. what clutch kit would you recommend for me? So far all i have done to my bike was go with 12' rims with 28" Zillas, 2 inch extreme lift and HL springs and snorkled it. Dynatek CDI coming soon with K&N filter, and slip-on exhaust HMF. oh forgot to mention it's a 2011 model efi.

·
Registered
477 Posts
For easy to find future reference

The Secondary spring rates for my springs are:

#1 165/265 Gray/white
#2 195/310 Orange/purple
#3 205/345 Orange/Silver
#4 120/220 Gray/Red

Primary Spring rates are measured exactly at 2.50/1.25 of an inch compressed heights.

VFJ#1 is 10/170 Low stall, Mid-high rate
VFJ#2 is 10/220 Low stall, High RPM
VFJ#3 is 20/250 Low stall, Very High rpm
VFJ#4 is 30/265 Low-Mid stall, Super High RPM

Next I have the higher stall and Atv oriented springs.

VFJ #5 is 55/160 High stall, mid RPM
VFJ#6 is 25/175 Medium stall, mid-high rpm
VFJ #7 is 70/260 High stall, Super High RPM

·
Premium Member
10,195 Posts
Does anyone know what # primary spring is red with a gold stripe?

·
Registered
12,338 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,195 Posts
It can't be. I have a #6 (the only primary spring I have bought from VFJ) and it has a yellow and a white stripe on it.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Nope it's #6 I have one it's 25 and 175

·
Registered
12,338 Posts
I've got VFJ's master list; it's definately a #6

41 - 60 of 81 Posts