Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

61 - 80 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
12,311 Posts
It can't be. I have a #6 (the only primary spring I have bought from VFJ) and it has a yellow and a white stripe on it.
There's no red-yellow/white stripe on the list. The closest is a red-yellow/silver stripe: #7.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Looking at possibly changing secondary spring for drag racing. Running a VFJ #1 primary & #1 secondary. Would changing the 2ndary make much difference?

·
Registered
12,311 Posts
Looking at possibly changing secondary spring for drag racing. Running a VFJ #1 primary & #1 secondary. Would changing the 2ndary make much difference?
The current springs are where you want to be for your stock engine and 27" tires.

·
Premium Member
10,191 Posts
It can't be. I have a #6 (the only primary spring I have bought from VFJ) and it has a yellow and a white stripe on it.
There's no red-yellow/white stripe on the list. The closest is a red-yellow/silver stripe: #7.
I'll have to pull my clutch cover off my 700 and see exactly what I have then. I had bought a #6 from VFJ but I don't remember it having the gold stripe.

It would be nice if the color codes were listed with the numbers & spring rated on the first post in this thread.

·
Registered
12,311 Posts
Here are the colors from VFJ's chart:

Primary Spring rates are measured exactly at 2.50/1.25 of an inch compressed heights.

VFJ#1 is 10/170 Low stall, Mid-high rate red/purple/silver
VFJ#2 is 10/220 Low stall, High RPM red/yellow/black
VFJ#3 is 20/250 Low stall, Very High rpm red/white/black
VFJ#4 is 30/265 Low-Mid stall, Super High RPM red/green/black

Next I have the higher stall and Atv oriented springs.

VFJ #5 is 55/160 High stall, mid RPM red/blue
VFJ#6 is 25/175 Medium stall, mid-high rpm red/gold
VFJ #7 is 70/260 High stall, Super High RPM red/silver/yellow

The Secondary spring rates for my springs are:

#1 165/265 Gray/white
#2 195/310 Orange/purple
#3 205/345 Orange/Silver
#4 120/220 Gray/Red

·
Registered
20 Posts
What does mean "Stall"?
Could you explain it? I can't translate it into my language through google translator, so i need your help ;)

·
Registered
229 Posts
What does mean "Stall"?
Could you explain it? I can't translate it into my language through google translator, so i need your help ;)
Stall is how many RPM's the engine turns before the primary clutch engages. (Think I'm right!!:unsure:)

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have the #1 and #1, Im going to try the #2 primary this weekend. Im just curious how much diffence the stall and ramp up rate will be

·
Registered
511 Posts
#2 has a lot of stall, stock 70 you might not like it

Sent from my iPhone on the toilet.

·
Registered
511 Posts
#2 has a lot of stall, stock 70 you might not like it

Stock 700 sorry

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have a brute with 29.5 terminators, being I have the smallest motor most of the time Im looking for more rpm's. My bike is plenty fast, just need alittle quicker

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
What would be the best primary spring for my application? Fst 730, 36 mm carbs, muzzy sp, ported heads, 25 inch tires. I have your number 2 and 6. I have been running the 6 but have since done the porting and bigger tires. If something different that what I have would be better let me know. No mud racing mainly hard pack and grass.

·
Vendor
15,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
Fastest I got mine (similar motor setup) was with my #7 primary, #4 secondary, my adjustable weights set at 50 grams. this motor made 71 rwhp, ran [email protected] in the 1/4 mile bouncing off the stock rev limiter. 1/8 mile was [email protected] mph

for your setup, run the #2 for now. I think you have my secondary too? gray/red stripe?

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Fastest I got mine (similar motor setup) was with my #7 primary, #4 secondary, my adjustable weights set at 50 grams. this motor made 71 rwhp, ran [email protected] in the 1/4 mile bouncing off the stock rev limiter. 1/8 mile was [email protected] mph

for your setup, run the #2 for now. I think you have my secondary too? gray/red stripe?
I do have your secondary in now (#4 I think). Clutch and weights are still stock.

·
Vendor
15,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
I run the #7 primary #4 secondary and my adjustable race weights. 1.55 60 foot times and 7.4's @82 mph on the 715 I have. all motor. I rev out at exactly 8550 rpm the entire 1/4 mile. I hit the stock CDI rev limit at 8600 @ 93.8 mph running stage 4 clutch with 25 scorchers

·
Premium Member
10,191 Posts
I have the following primary springs that I got from you but I don't remember which number or spring rates they are. Can you tell me?

Red w/ orange stripe
Red w/ gold stripe

·
Registered
323 Posts
This should help with the #'s and colors...

Here are the colors from VFJ's chart:

Primary Spring rates are measured exactly at 2.50/1.25 of an inch compressed heights.

VFJ#1 is 10/170 Low stall, Mid-high rate red/purple/silver
VFJ#2 is 10/220 Low stall, High RPM red/yellow/black
VFJ#3 is 20/250 Low stall, Very High rpm red/white/black
VFJ#4 is 30/265 Low-Mid stall, Super High RPM red/green/black

Next I have the higher stall and Atv oriented springs.

VFJ #5 is 55/160 High stall, mid RPM red/blue
VFJ#6 is 25/175 Medium stall, mid-high rpm red/gold
VFJ #7 is 70/260 High stall, Super High RPM red/silver/yellow

The Secondary spring rates for my springs are:

#1 165/265 Gray/white
#2 195/310 Orange/purple
#3 205/345 Orange/Silver
#4 120/220 Gray/Red

·
Premium Member
10,191 Posts
OK, so I see what the Red/Gold one is (#6) but I still have no idea what the Red/Orange one is. It is DEFINITELY a VFJ spring because I got it at the same time. I guess I will have to take a picture of it.

61 - 80 of 81 Posts
About this Discussion
80 Replies
29 Participants
twyztid
Kawasaki ATV Forum
KawieRiders.com is the largest Kawasaki ATV owner's forum with information for the Kawasaki KFX700, Brute Force, Prairie, Bayou, Mojave, Lakota and older model Kawasaki ATV's!
Full Forum Listing