Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
would like to know if i were to buy a brute 750 can i take a a rear end from a brute 650 solid axel can it work together??? anyone help on this. reason being want the big motor! and new bike but still want the handle of the 650?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Buy the 650 and do a big bore kit.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the problem with that it well never be as fast as a brute 750 motor? So im deff going to get a prairie 700 or a brute 750 and change the rear end some how even if it has to be custom made

·
Premium Member
16,646 Posts
That would be cool,keep us posted if you go through with it.

·
Premium Member
1,286 Posts
Put a 750 motor in a Prairie 650 or 700.

I just did and all you have to do is switch out heads and output shaft.

·
Premium Member
16,646 Posts
Are you using BF 750 heads?
I've always read the frame won't clear but always hoped they were wrong.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have seen a 750 brute force motor in a prairie 700 it is possible and does fit. Complete motor Brute force heads and carbs I helped him install it. Maybe he will post some pics of it if he see this post.

·
Premium Member
16,646 Posts
That's great to hear..
Did it need to be assembled in the frame?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I deff would like to know more im up in the air i have been out the atv game for like 4 years but this year is different im going to build a custom prairie or take my crashed suzkzi motor cycle and put on a atv frame or do both lol. my saying is go big or go broke. (= seeing your saying take a brute motor and it clear's i have a few ? then the wiring is it plug and play or well i need to use some from one to the other? please fill me in would like to know as much as i can before i get into it. thanx Crazy650

·
Premium Member
1,286 Posts
I have prairie heads. The heads that Grider had big valves and ported.
The prairie heads gives you more carbs to choose from.
If you use brute heads. You have to work out the coolant hoses. They are different on brute heads.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
what is the deal with the 840 kit? i would like to see a youtube video with some one's different kits on there bike you know be nice to see the difference in power sound what makes more toque im all about toque Seeing im down hear to get throw the deep mud cause im going to have a 2inch lift with outlaws 30inch tire's. im looking to smoke the 800 can am's.

·
Registered
73 Posts
That's great to hear..
No it didnt need to be assembled in the frame it slid right in just like the original motor. Its not bad at all. The coolant tubes are routed alittle different on the brute but nothing major. He had to redo the bottom of the prairie airbox to accept the brute carbs but that was the hardest part. You cant run the prairie carbs on the brute heads they dont line up right would need custom intake boots maybe.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
what is the deal with the 840 kit? i would like to see a youtube video with some one's different kits on there bike you know be nice to see the difference in power sound what makes more toque im all about toque Seeing im down hear to get throw the deep mud cause im going to have a 2inch lift with outlaws 30inch tire's. im looking to smoke the 800 can am's.
There will be plenty of video of a brute 840 at st.Anthonys mid July. I don't think you can go wrong there but it will cost for the right setup with carbs tires etc. Can be done though. Really not much difference in a V and a brute except 100 lbs. A well set up brute can stay with or beat most pure sport bikes. Even with my Fundy 750 and the 840 is like a 750 with nos. Big Kev will have his brute there and mine for sure we will be competive I hope. I'm saying this knowing we have heavy bikes but believe it comes down to setup.
840 in a brute is fast if the owner has any setup abilities is what I'm saying.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well im not looking to race at all im all about toque I well be in the mud and swamps thats about it. I like to trail ride to so thats why like the prairie sra. Any think i should stick with a p700 and just do a big bore kit?

·
Premium Member
16,646 Posts
My little 730 Prairie runs pretty good:)

·
Premium Member
16,646 Posts
That's great to hear..
No it didnt need to be assembled in the frame it slid right in just like the original motor. Its not bad at all. The coolant tubes are routed alittle different on the brute but nothing major. He had to redo the bottom of the prairie airbox to accept the brute carbs but that was the hardest part. You cant run the prairie carbs on the brute heads they dont line up right would need custom intake boots maybe.
That's great to hear....
I'm not worried about the carb setup,I can deal with that. I just didn't like the idea of modding the frame.
Thank you..

1 - 18 of 18 Posts