Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the side cover of the engine (generator cover) there is a bearing and seal in the cover. Does the aluminium dish that the mechanical seal rest on come out of the cover? It looks like it does but I do not want to damage it due to I cannot find a replacement for it. I am trying to replace the seal and bearing before I reinstall the cover after changing my starter ring gear.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Not sure what your talking about here.

Your post says water pump but in the post you talk about the mag cover seal and bearing.

If the mag cover, the bolt comes out then the silver piece with three or four holes in it comes out. From this point you can replace the seal.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In the mag cover where the mechincal seal sits at behind the water pump impeller, there is a aluminium dish in the mag cover that is in front of the seal for the water pump shaft. Does that aluminium dish come out of the cover to install the seal for the water pump shaft?

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I am not as familier with the V-twin as I am a Rhino engine but from memory when you take the impeller off then there is the shaft sticking out and a seal around it, the seal should be able to be replaced from that point

·
Premium Member
16,645 Posts
In the mag cover where the mechincal seal sits at behind the water pump impeller, there is a aluminium dish in the mag cover that is in front of the seal for the water pump shaft. Does that aluminium dish come out of the cover to install the seal for the water pump shaft?
YES.
Also replace the oil seal while your in there,it does not come with the mechanical seal kit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts