Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alrite guys and gals, finally found the tach i wanna put on my brute sra but im a little concerned about how much power these engines make. ( not canadian horsepower either :rolleyes: ) i have the electronic fuel pump mod for the upp's, and a warn winch. if i remember right i upgraded to a 20 amp fuse when i did the fuel pump mod and was planning on running the power for my tach off of that same circuit. problem is i dont wanna draw more power than the engine makes, and i dont wanna break that fuse and be stuck out in deliverance with no way to send fuel to the motor.
will adding the tach to that circuit be too much for the fuse to take, and can the bike handle that much power draw anyway?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Amps is the answer

Forget wattage.
Amps should be spec'd in on the label or instructions for each item. Add the two up and if it's less than 20 you're good to go.

If not, only one thing to do....make your splice (after the fuse) and try it out. The fuse is there to protect the system.
Truthfully you should be fine as tach's draw very little current...fuel pumps draw many times more amps.
Don't know about your machine, but a 360 prairie alternator puts out 25 amp.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts