Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys is it true if you spary your atv's frame down with wd-40 before you go mudding it will make it alot easier when it comes time too clean? Would the spray hurt the frame or discolor it in any way?

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
It's true. There is also a product called "mud-off" that is cheaper than wd40. Mix it in a pressure spray bucket and it works pretty good. We use it on our race cars here.

·
Registered
402 Posts
it works.been doin it for years.it also gives your bike a nice shine after washing and keeps shocks and a-arms from rusting.

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
Baby oil and water is mudoff mix it its cheap. jh

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Ya learn sumthin new everyday. :tup: thanks Jim

·
Registered
182 Posts
You can also use Pledge on the plastics. Helped with bugs on the sportbike, and with mud on my mountainbike!

·
Premium Member
23,814 Posts
Hey guys is it true if you spary your atv's frame down with wd-40 before you go mudding it will make it alot easier when it comes time too clean? Would the spray hurt the frame or discolor it in any way?
that or Pam vegetable spray

Wd-40 is hard on rubber products,, eventually causes them to break down.

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
Shoulds known the baker would post pam. Get in the kitchen and make me a kingcake you knuckle dragger. Lol.

·
Registered
711 Posts
I found after plating in the mud all day,the mud would be baked on the engine and in the radiator.One of the best things I found that dissolves the baked in mud is a product from snap-on called clean one.I just spray in on the engine and on the radiator,let it soak,and hose it off.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for all the great tips guy, as my brute 750 is brand new i wana keep it looking pretty.......lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts