Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a weird problem, not long ago I got a Bayou 300 and it had the wrong carb on it and ran like crap, I bought a carb (and while I was at it adjusted the valves since it probably hasn't had it done for who knows how long) for it and installed it and It started and idled like it was supposed to but had problems with the throttle sticking because it had the wrong throttle cable.. I had the dealer order me the throttle cable and installed it and it will not start now, I did have problems with gas coming out the vent tubes on the carb (I figured the needle was probably sticking open or something), I took the bowl off and looked around, couldn't see anything wrong, put it back together and it doesn't lose gas through the vent tubes now (not sure what that was all about).. However I pulled the plug and was going to ground it to check for spark and it was a little oily or dark/damp looking but it does have spark (and gapped properly), and it also shot gas out the hole when I was checking it so I know gas is getting to the cylinder.. So I have spark and gas but its not hitting or starting.. I dont know what could be the problem..

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
About the gas out of the carb, I think it was just flooded that time...I was wondering about something else too. I'm trying to troubleshoot the push button starter, theoretically speaking if I take the connector off the starter solenoid, and use multimeter probes in the connector (which is BK & BK/Y) and press the push start button there should be continuity but there is not, is there anything else between the push start button and starter solenoid that would keep the button from working?.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts