Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after getting the BBK installed 2 or 3 weeeks ago I made my first WOT run and guess what? Apparently I blew her up! About the time I was getting close to top speed she fell flat and started sputtering and before I could whoa it down and shut it off it was knocking bad! To top it all off when I got back to the truck the sheriff was waiting for us!Where we were riding,(halliburton owns) and they were wanting to press charges on us for criminal trespass. Also got kicked off of a hunting clubs property, and the dude was a real ass...so when I spun around to get off of his lease i spun gravel all over the dude and really pissed him off...accidentally. It gets better...just hold on! We went hunting today and the Sherriff seen the gun in my truck, SK-47. He wanted to look at it and my dumbass forgot to unload it this morning! So this sherriff had me for Criminal trespass, assault, and a felony having a loaded weapon in my vehicle! Now he runs my license to do a check on me...and there was a warrant out for me from telling my step daughters Ex that if he ever threatens my wife again I am going to rip his f"ing head off. Thats a whole nother story.Thank god that he was a 4 wheeling dude! I raced him awhile back and beat him on his banshee and apparently he didn't remember it and he let me off for everything...even helped me push it in my truck! Now he wants to trade my blown up V for a 2002 Mule. So wow can anybody out do that for a day from hell. I still have to go to court next month for threatening this little prick..overall blowing up my V is by far the worst....when I got home it was a quart and a half low on oil. I dont know how, I just checked it 2 days ago and it was fine. Now I dont know what to do! Havent even got it broke in yet. I was going to do the oil change tommorrow for the first time and consider it broke in!! How much am I looking at to do a rebuild on the bottom end...I am assuming that is where the knocking is coming from. It starts and runs just knocks like hell! should I trade for the mule and sell it and buy me another V, does anyone want to trade a nice V for a 1968 Ford Ranger with a 390 in it, totally original in excellent shape? Ideas...help !!!

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Makes me want a beer just reading it...sounds like a helluva time.

If it is the bottom end, and you do it yourself, there are (stock) cranks and rods that show up on ebay every now and then for $200 - $300.

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
sounds like you need to sit down and think about where your life is heading.
you might get to spend some time in the clink...good luck.

was the v blowing smoke? did you do the catch can mod? if not maybe you just blowing oil in the air box.

maybe your luck will change.....

·
Registered
27 Posts
Well the sad part is ........I was with him lmao...damn the bad luck !!!! " A friend is someone you call to bail you out of jail..A true friend is setting beside you saying ...dude I think we really fucked up this time "

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
umm wow????? man sorry to hear your bad luck. did u have a 5rd in your ak? if not that coulda been a ticket too. i dont bring my ar in the woods during hunting season for that matter. as far as your bottom end, fundys sellin the ultimate rods for 499 right now i think, check his thread! a crank, u could stroke it if money allows, if not im surd someones got a stocker! good luck bud!

·
Registered
157 Posts
I would almost be willing to bet the bank your blowing oil into your airbox if you havent done the catch can mod. High compression pistons + Unsealed rings = blow by into the crankcase = oil to pour into the airbox. This will make it fall flat on its face and loose a quart plus.

Hopefully your day is better than you think.

Then again you probably dropped a bolt into your crankcase destroying everything including the cases...

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
What your not aloud to have loaded guns? WTF

Sorry to hear about all the bad luck!!!

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
Wow, That's awful Ben! If there is anything I can do to help with the engine, let me know. Give ma a call when you pull it down, to see what the damages are.

·
Registered
445 Posts
sorry to hear... where were yall riding?

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
oh did i mention ill purchase the ak if you are convicted of a felony......LOL

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
at the baroid mines in magnet cove, Darrell

I will tear in to it tommorrow, metal alien

I didn't do the catch can, but i did t into the existing vent and the new vent glenn put in and ran it up to a small air filter mounted in the hood smithy 1999

Glenn thanks for everything, you have been outstanding through this whole deal

and i only had 3 rounds in it or i may have been in even more trouble aaron_j

badass no it was not smoking, funny thing is I just checked the oil 2 days ago and it was fine

it seems to have good compression...thats why i think it is in the bottom end

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts
Damn sorry to hear Ben, hope everything works out. I recently got cought on some private property that I've riden on for 18 years. Just this year the lan owners grandsons decided to start hunting on it. Assholes is an understatement.

·
Registered
445 Posts
at the baroid mines in magnet cove, Darrell
i was thinking that someone told me baroid was closed... i hope the wheeler is a easy fix for ya

1 - 16 of 16 Posts