Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i decided to swap frames on my mojave and started pulling the radiator and got the hoses off and its full of oil i was planning on re-gasketing the top end of the motor anyway because the head gasket looks to be leaking oil pretty bad well i got the motor pulled and checked the oil for coolant and i now have gas in the oil so i am hoping a new piston and rings and a head gasket might solve these issues anyone else have an idea i might be in for as far as a cracked/warped head or anything else like that

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
I'd bet almost anything that it's related to your carb problems. Either you bent the metal tab and have the float height way wrong or the little rubber tip is worn. You didn't plug the overflow tube to stop dumping gas did you? If so, guess where it goes next:D

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well the gas in the oil is completely understandable i can see the carb issues having that effect along with bad rings but a radiator full of oil makes no sense when you put it together with a bad carb that has to be either a bad headgasket (since it already leaks anyway) a bad mechanical water pump seal or a cracked or warped head or a combination of any of those three the weirdest part is the oil in the radiator doesnt smell like oil and gas and is actually cleaner that the oil in the crankcase

·
Registered
718 Posts
Yeah, like the previous post mentioned, the two problems aren't related. Is there any sign of coolant in the engine oil?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes there is signs of coolant or water in the engine white build-up on the side covers common with a head gasket but i pulled the head today checked the gasket and it was ok doesnt look like the head was torqued right but i checked the head it looks good the jug piston and rings look great but i was inspecting the timing chain and well it stretched and broke a link and was 180 out so now i gotta replace the timing chain and i am gonna rebuild the water pump i think the seal went bad there but one question does anyone know where i can get a timing chain cheap cause i really dont wannt buy oem and pay almost $100 thats just rediculous

1 - 5 of 5 Posts