Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got me a Kawasaki Prairie 650. Came with moose rev box, Pro Circuit T4 exhaust, Plow, winch, SS rims, Mudlite tires and K&N airfilter. nice setup. does everything i want. But today while towing my friend home because his battery died my quad broke. I lost electric to the LCD Screen. It faintly blinks. and my Reverse light is always on no matter what gear i am in. I also cant go over half throttle before it back fires

·
Registered
37 Posts
make sure the battery is in good shape. These things go nuts if the battery is a little off. That's my first thought. May have a connection loose or something.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
battery works fine and is fully charged. wires loose maybe a carb problem. i dont know. i was towing up a hill and it just went nuts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
do you know how to reset the belt light. or where i can get it out of limp mode. my lcd screen no longer works and and the reverse light is constantly blinking no matter what gear i am in. Also when ever i go over half throttle it sounds like im over reving. the one engine since its a v twin isnt working. both things failed at the exact same time. any ideas?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Welcome fellow jersey rider! Have you checked the voltage at the battery while the quad is running to see if the charging system is properly working? When i bought my Prairie the dude messed with some wires and while i was riding the thing started bucking and spitting. Turned my headlights off and it ran better. Weird things happen when the charging system is on the fritz

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
fixed that problem. reset the belt and put on a new belt. good
but now the 4x4 light and 2x4 light are flashing back and forth. any ideas

1 - 8 of 8 Posts