Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an Artic cat 06 650 Vtwin with an all stock motor, I would like to gain both more low an high end power what all clutch / spring / anything else mods can you do to help me get were I wanna be. An how much will it cost

·
Registered
164 Posts
You can gain low end or top end, but you can't have both.. Alot of people are running the maroon primary and almond secondary springs, with stock weights. I am running an almond primary and red secondary, TONS of bottom end, less top end.. You can get epi springs for $20 each from they're website. Here is a link to it.. You can also get a dynatek cdi.. It will help ALOT !!!!!
https://www.erlandsonperformance.co...n=CTGY&Store_Code=EPI&Category_Code=kawspring

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You can gain low end or top end, but you can't have both.. Alot of people are running the maroon primary and almond secondary springs, with stock weights. I am running an almond primary and red secondary, TONS of bottom end, less top end.. You can get epi springs for $20 each from they're website. Here is a link to it.. You can also get a dynatek cdi.. It will help ALOT !!!!!
https://www.erlandsonperformance.co...n=CTGY&Store_Code=EPI&Category_Code=kawspring
I was told that with John's clutch work you could get gains in both low an high

·
Vendor
15,419 Posts
You can definatly gain low end and have more top end. It's simple. modify the clutch. that's what I do and have been doing since 2003.

With the overdrive you can get damn near 55 mph in low gear. spring it heavier and gain low end and then have near 15 mph more on top. change the sheave angle for better belt grip and better holeshot by underdriving the low end of it..

Top end also would have gearing for over 90 mph. and fuel mileage also goes up.

I have a secondary spring near as strong as the EPI red, but not 8 inches long like the EPI red that will coil bind and prevent top end and overrevving.

there's better springs out there than the EPI stuff. they have been very inconsistant lately. I've tested maroon's anywhere from 150 pounds to 165 compressed to 1.25 inch. but none have rated the true 10/170 they are rated at on the site.

I make my own spring that is better than the Maroon. the VFJ #1

and I have a silver/white secondary that is stiffer than the EPI Almond but a little less than the RED and not near as long.

but with his mods. I'd recomend the Stock KAWASAKI BF-750 secondary spring. it's a better trail spring.

combine them with the clutch machining. and it's the best of both worlds. have your low end, midrange and top end gains and get 20% better fuel mileage to go with it.

John

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok so I know I can get both top an bottom end gains :D, since I only have a 650 I can only go as high as stage 2 correct? an since you say that your springs are the best I would like for you to throw them in as well, do you both the primary an secondary clutch ? . an how much will this all cost

·
Vendor
15,419 Posts
stage 2 overdrive is all you would need and yes I can include the springs. they are 25.00 additional. you'd really only need the primary. I have stock 750 springs here as well for the secondary if you would need one of them

John

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok, I'll give you a call tomorrow to work out all the lil details whats the best time for you (FYI i'm on east coast time )

·
Registered
477 Posts
I have a secondary spring near as strong as the EPI red, but not 8 inches long like the EPI red that will coil bind and prevent top end and overrevving.

and I have a silver/white secondary that is stiffer than the EPI Almond but a little less than the RED and not near as long.

John

How would one of these work with 29.5 laws? And do you know what would be the round about top speed with stock clutch with OD cover w/ 25'' tires?

Thanks

·
Registered
243 Posts
You can definatly gain low end and have more top end. It's simple. modify the clutch. that's what I do and have been doing since 2003.

With the overdrive you can get damn near 55 mph in low gear. spring it heavier and gain low end and then have near 15 mph more on top. change the sheave angle for better belt grip and better holeshot by underdriving the low end of it..

Top end also would have gearing for over 90 mph. and fuel mileage also goes up.

there's better springs out there than the EPI stuff. they have been very inconsistant lately. I've tested maroon's anywhere from 150 pounds to 165 compressed to 1.25 inch. but none have rated the true 10/170 they are rated at on the site.

I make my own spring that is better than the Maroon. the VFJ #1

but with his mods. I'd recomend the Stock KAWASAKI BF-750 secondary spring. it's a better trail spring.

combine them with the clutch machining. and it's the best of both worlds. have your low end, midrange and top end gains and get 20% better fuel mileage to go with it.

John
i want to try the VFJ #1. if the dang snow storms would stop i could send my clutch out.
he rides bascially the same as i do (the thread maker) and i run a black secondary and maroon primary on my 750.

·
Vendor
15,419 Posts

John

How would one of these work with 29.5 laws? And do you know what would be the round about top speed with stock clutch with OD cover w/ 25'' tires?

Thanks

yes it'll work with 29.5's it's a spring for aggressive 27's to 29's but won't coil bind like the longer red.

it's 75% trail, 25% mud as where the RED is 80% mud, 20% trail

top speed with cap and stock clutch really depends on tuning and setup, but I'd figure on mid-high 50's

John

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
Hey LIL-WILL I have a stage 2 spider mod clutch already cut and ready to go. I have only put around 150-200 miles on it. My 07 650 was all stock when I first got the clutch and I now have a nasty bbk. I'm wanting to get a stage 3 is why I wanna sale this clutch. PM me if your interested.

James

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey LIL-WILL I have a stage 2 spider mod clutch already cut and ready to go. I have only put around 150-200 miles on it. My 07 650 was all stock when I first got the clutch and I now have a nasty bbk. I'm wanting to get a stage 3 is why I wanna sale this clutch. PM me if your interested.

James

but I have an Artic cat will it fit / work

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well John it looks like its gonna be a lil while before I can get that clutch to ya :( yesterday while I was out jumping snow banks my 4wd actuator went out so its back to the dealer for a lil warranty work. :mad:

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
Umm yea I believe the 650 has the same set up as the brute? Can some one confirm this for me.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.