Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, I recently bought a stock prairie 360 with a winch and for Christmas an audiopipe. If anyone owns or knows about prairie's what are some suggestions for modifications. Just wonderin were to start modifying it. It's practically brand new so I dont want to mess it up. I'm 13 and would love to learn more about how to make my 4 wheeler better.:)

·
Registered
294 Posts
digger there is not alot for the 360.i got 26 inch mudlite xls. lift kit .skidplates.and hmf that is all i could find.

·
Super Moderator
12,553 Posts
Sorry, but there's no real performance (engine) mods for the 360. On a good note, most bolt-on parts for the rest of the quad are common with the 650-700's.

·
Registered
294 Posts
i think i paid about 300 shipped to the house

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I looked at lifts on eBay and you can a cheaper one for like fifty bucks or a highlifter or extreme lift for between 150 and 175 bucks. Is their really a difference? Thanks!

·
Registered
294 Posts
i have the one off ebay. they are the same thing.it has held up fine.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks I'm hopin I'll get alot of money for Christmas to start modifying it. Are the wheel spacers easy to install?

·
Registered
121 Posts
i have 2 inch snorkels on mine (no re jetting of carb) a .50 over bore kit, 27x10x12 super swampers in the front and 27x12x12 in rear, uni performance air filter, 2 inch ebay lift (works fine) if i had to start over again i would get some nice tires and some springs for the clutch. you can spend all kinds of money on a 360 but your not going to get enough power or speed out of it to make it worth it. not bashing the bike or anything this is by far the most reliable bikeive ever owned. hope this helps

·
Registered
121 Posts
nothing made a big enough difference for the cost except the tires and snorkel and lift. the snorkel was custome just made it out of 2 inch pvc. your not going to get much more performance out of it, just be happy with it and if your not get a bigger 4 wheeler

·
Registered
622 Posts
With out knowing what terain you ride or what you expect out of your tires we can't answer.

All around with moderate mild mud...Maxxis Zilla....hardpack/rock climbing/Snow...Maxxis BigHorn.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hardpack/thick mud haha I know its 2 completely different terains. Im on a budget and the gators seemed like a good price. The ride doesnt matter if I can get a good mud tire that will last a while for a good price.

·
Super Moderator
12,553 Posts
Hardpack/thick mud haha I know its 2 completely different terains. Im on a budget and the gators seemed like a good price. The ride doesnt matter if I can get a good mud tire that will last a while for a good price.
The Gators were copied off the Mudbugs.
If you can swing a few extra dollars, get the Maxxis Mudbugs instead of the Gators. The Mudbugs perform a little better, and Maxxis makes a better quality tire in general.

·
Registered
155 Posts
The Gators were copied off the Mudbugs.
If you can swing a few extra dollars, get the Maxxis Mudbugs instead of the Gators. The Mudbugs perform a little better, and Maxxis makes a better quality tire in general.
Depending on the size, the Gators perform better. They're close, but it comes down to the Gator lug spacing being better. They also wear better than the bugs. Bugs puncture easier but Gators sometimes weather crack.

I have gators on my cat and laws on my brute. A buddy has bugs on his poo and honda. The best trail, mud and snow tire of the bunch are the gators. Stomps the crap out of zillas too.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ain't much snow down here in northwest florida but it sounds like it would work good. What size should I run on stock prairie 360 with a lift?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts