2,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
delete me

:D:eek::(:eek:B)

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was going to ask what the difference was between the older 489 grind and the newer 557 race cams.

·
Registered
7,254 Posts
I was going to ask what the difference was between the older 489 grind and the newer 557 race cams.
Those are both newer grinds (frm a couple years ago), the 489's have less duration then the 557's. The shorter duration 489's actually works better but with the welding, about 15-20% of them flake. It's all for not anyway as our new cams blow those out of the water and no flaking.:)
Ray

·
Premium Member
23,817 Posts
which cams are in Brians 1000

must be the new ones, obviously

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So do you have the new grind # ready so it can be ordered? Do they need the hardened rocker arms?

·
Registered
7,254 Posts
So do you have the new grind # ready so it can be ordered? Do they need the hardened rocker arms?
We will be about another 3-4 weeks before we have the new production cams here. We will have a BIG special for anyone that already has our cams/kits to upgrade as well.
No, any propperly designed cam doesn't need extended rockers.
Ray

·
Registered
6,067 Posts
We will be about another 3-4 weeks before we have the new production cams here. We will have a BIG special for anyone that already has our cams/kits to upgrade as well.
Ray
Those guys at web cams must be stupid...:unsure:

They dont know sh!t about cams:lol::lol:

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That sucks I'm going back together within a week.

·
Registered
7,254 Posts
Ray

No they are not, but most of the cams they make for people, for the Kawy, should have extended rockers.
It's not webs fault, they just make what they are asked to make. They nor the peope ordering the cams don't have the engineering or computer modeling software to make the profiles right.
Ray

·
Registered
6,067 Posts
Ray

No they are not, but most of the cams they make for people, for the Kawy, should have extended rockers.
It's not webs fault, they just make what they are asked to make. They nor the peope ordering the cams don't have the engineering or computer modeling software to make the profiles right.
Ray
So they will warranty every cam they make for u without extended rockers since they know your the cams will have no issues since they are designed better than the others?

·
Premium Member
23,817 Posts
well what happened to the Holy Chit cams? Now you have the Blow Your Mind cams.
I'm just guessing but the next ones will be the F**k You Up cams:lol:

·
Registered
7,254 Posts

Ray
So they will warranty every cam they make for u without extended rockers since they know your the cams will have no issues since they are designed better than the others?
Warranty, what I have found in the performance industry is no one warranties anything. Just about every cam that we have had flake (and they all come from the same batches) we have payed to have repaired.
Ray

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
well what happened to the Holy Chit cams? Now you have the Blow Your Mind cams.
I'm just guessing but the next ones will be the F**k You Up cams:lol:
Don't forget the Ultimate race cams. :D How do the cams get better than that? Ultimate :lol:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts