Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

2781 - 2800 of 2909 Posts

·
Registered
2,972 Posts

I took my winter tires off and put my summer tires back on.

I think I know where my gas mileage went. These 4 Mud Wolfs weight 35 lbs more than my ACTs do and the ACTs are radials. :eek:

Looks like my brake pads still have some life left in them. Not bad for 9200 miles. :tup:

·
Registered
200 Posts
I wish I had the opportunity to do more with my Kawasakis today, but we weren't able to ride due to weather. My son and I took our bikes (2004 KX65, 2006 KX250) to a local track, but it was way too muddy to ride. That, and it was raining pretty hard. So, we just went home, and I changed the battery in my wife's Brute 300.

·
Registered
2,972 Posts

Put in a new battery. I hope this one is better than the lat one.

·
Registered
179 Posts

And now I'm ready to go do some work for National Trails Day.
A work project that the Paiute Trail Committee is doing. Going to be hauling gravel tomorrow.

[/SIZE][/B]
Rubiranch,
What is the hauling capacity of that trailer?
Are those fixed axles, do the front ones turn or do they articulate in the middle?
Does it dump?

My trailer has little 8"wheels and is a pain to dump, as it only goes up maybe 35 degrees. Good for yard work, but not much more. Would like to find something better, as I haul firewood with it, and it struggles. I end up using my 4x8, which is a pain to navigate through the woods.

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Rubiranch,
What is the hauling capacity of that trailer?
Are those fixed axles, do the front ones turn or do they articulate in the middle?
Does it dump?

My trailer has little 8"wheels and is a pain to dump, as it only goes up maybe 35 degrees. Good for yard work, but not much more. Would like to find something better, as I haul firewood with it, and it struggles. I end up using my 4x8, which is a pain to navigate through the woods.

Its an awesome little trailer. It weighs 539 lbs. empty and will carry 1100 lbs with an electric screw dump and the front axle has electric brakes activated by your brakes.

We bought them for trail maintenance and the fit on the 50" wide trails. They hold a skid steer bucket full of roadbase. We have used them a lot without any issues.

The tailgate opens either like a pickup or a dump truck gate.

Our trail committee has purchased four of them. The Forest Service has two, an ATV club on the other side of the mountain has one and I have this one. I needed a trailer so I could go cut my Christmas Tree. ;)

We purchased the 4th one last summer and I think we paid $1600 for it.

We used them to haul all the material last year to rebuild this 330+ ft boardwalk across this wetland plus haul all the old timber out.

Here's a video if one of them dumping roadbase on a trail a couple of summers ago.

https://www.bosskibuilt.com/1600-UT-Trailer

They are a little pricey but they are awesome trailers. Prices shown here are from the manufacture, not a dealer.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Thanks for the info!

Rubiranch,
Thanks for that info and the video. Man, that would be nice to have. I can't justify buying one new, but I'm hoping to find one used. That would make my wood cutting/gathering in September and October a lot easier!

Thanks again.

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
I figured while I had the exhaust off my Prairie to replace the piston, I might as well replace the muffler too. It was starting to rust from the inside in a couple spots, and I was tired of looking at the patches. Got the new one at RMATV. They had the best price by far.
Really wanted an aftermarket exhaust, but I couldn't find any quiet enough. I hunt and trail ride with my atv, and noisy exhausts aren't good for any of that.

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
I figured while I had the exhaust off my Prairie to replace the piston, I might as well replace the muffler too. It was starting to rust from the inside in a couple spots, and I was tired of looking at the patches. Got the new one at RMATV. They had the best price by far.
Really wanted an aftermarket exhaust, but I couldn't find any quiet enough. I hunt and trail ride with my atv, and noisy exhausts aren't good for any of that.
RMATV is awesome and a noisy exhaust isn't good for anything. :lol:

·
Registered
860 Posts
Gunna pull mine out of the shed and clean her up! Booked my trip to PA to do some riding at the end of the month at AOAA.
Aww man wish you woulda asked about places to ride in Pa before settling on AOAA Its definitely a place not many people would recommend. Plenty of other places you can ride hundreds of miles for free. We used to ride aoaa land before it was even aoaa havent been back since because of what they did.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Gunna pull mine out of the shed and clean her up! Booked my trip to PA to do some riding at the end of the month at AOAA.
Aww man wish you woulda asked about places to ride in Pa before settling on AOAA Its definitely a place not many people would recommend. Plenty of other places you can ride hundreds of miles for free. We used to ride aoaa land before it was even aoaa havent been back since because of what they did.

Well we haven't bought passes yet so were aren't necessarily commited to anything. We got a Airbnb by Harrisburg for the first 2 nights and then by Ohiopyle the last night. What would you recommend ?

Also will be ordering springs and weights for my clutch from VFJ this week too.

·
Registered
860 Posts

Well we haven't bought passes yet so were aren't necessarily commited to anything. We got a Airbnb by Harrisburg for the first 2 nights and then by Ohiopyle the last night. What would you recommend ?

I'm just curious why did you settle on AOAA ? Do you know anyone from pennsylvania who rides there ? Or you just found it online. My guess is you found it online. Id Recommend riding Saint Clair. You can park at the walmart. Depending on when you're coming I might be able to meet you and show you around. I've seen out-of-state people with campers camping at the saint clair walmart before. You ride right from walmart and pretty much do whatever you want its easy to get lost There is just hundreds of miles of trails that bust off everywhere. AOAA has rules an from what I hear they make you switch sides. If you ride the other places you can ride 24 hours and your on your own. You could come down and camp for free.

·
Registered
159 Posts

I'm just curious why did you settle on AOAA ? Do you know anyone from pennsylvania who rides there ? Or you just found it online. My guess is you found it online. Id Recommend riding Saint Clair. You can park at the walmart. Depending on when you're coming I might be able to meet you and show you around. I've seen out-of-state people with campers camping at the saint clair walmart before. You ride right from walmart and pretty much do whatever you want its easy to get lost There is just hundreds of miles of trails that bust off everywhere. AOAA has rules an from what I hear they make you switch sides. If you ride the other places you can ride 24 hours and your on your own. You could come down and camp for free.

Yea we found it online, guess I didn't know any better. Whoops lol. It would be nice to be able to not have set times to ride like we would have in the park. I will run it be the group and see what they are thinking. Thanks for the heads up. Might just be having a hard time finding it but does PA have a map of trails that run throughout the state? Michigan has an interactive site run by the DNR with all the trail systems, which makes for planning rides much easier. Thanks again!

·
Registered
860 Posts

Yea we found it online, guess I didn't know any better. Whoops lol. It would be nice to be able to not have set times to ride like we would have in the park. I will run it be the group and see what they are thinking. Thanks for the heads up. Might just be having a hard time finding it but does PA have a map of trails that run throughout the state? Michigan has an interactive site run by the DNR with all the trail systems, which makes for planning rides much easier. Thanks again!
I don't think they have a map of trails that run throughout the state.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
The AOAA will have plenty to keep you happy for a week end trip - You will like it. And price isn't to bad either. The AOAA leases the land from Reading Anthracite And Coal Co.

A lot of us buy a pass through Reading Anthracite And Coal Co. which is now being called Famous Reading Outdoors. It's $ 175.00 per year membership per person. Passengers cost less. This cost pushes people to use the AOAA park. There is so much more riding at FRO than the AOAA, but like I said, you will be happy with the AOAA park.

·
Registered
159 Posts
The AOAA will have plenty to keep you happy for a week end trip - You will like it. And price isn't to bad either. The AOAA leases the land from Reading Anthracite And Coal Co.

A lot of us buy a pass through Reading Anthracite And Coal Co. which is now being called Famous Reading Outdoors. It's $ 175.00 per year membership per person. Passengers cost less. This cost pushes people to use the AOAA park. There is so much more riding at FRO than the AOAA, but like I said, you will be happy with the AOAA park.
Thanks, We will actually only be riding on that friday. Its kind of a packed weekend, Saturday were rafting and sunday we will be heading home. I think were going to stick with AOAA and see how it goes. Sat after rafting we wont be far from mountain ridge in case we want more riding!

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Put a new ATV UTV TEK rear cargo bag on the Prairie and went for a test ride. My old American Trails bag was getting enough holes in it to let rain in. This bag new bag has an internal frame, and is supposed to be 100% waterproof--even going down the highway on a trailer. We shall see. It is a pretty good looking bag though....

Good rear atv bags are becoming harder and harder to find these days. They don't sell the better bags of only a couple years ago. American Trails said they haven't made my old bag in five years. OGIO doesn't make the Honcho bag in a rear configuration anymore. Quadboss is out, and so is Tamarack. Moose only does front bags or seat bags. Kolpins still makes a few, but not in the configuration I like. I guess the hard boxes are what's selling for atv's, but I hate the way they look, and the beat the snot out of everything.
Most sales are in the form of trunk and bed bags/boxes for UTV's these days.

·
Registered
521 Posts
After a top end rebuild, I got the engine reinstalled, clutches rebuilt and reinstalled, receiver hitch and drop hitch built and installed, rear winch mount built and installed, and bought back the walking beam trailer I built and sold years ago. Gotta go break in that engine and I’ll be good to go!!

2781 - 2800 of 2909 Posts