Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

2801 - 2820 of 2824 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
After a top end rebuild, I got the engine reinstalled, clutches rebuilt and reinstalled, receiver hitch and drop hitch built and installed, rear winch mount built and installed, and bought back the walking beam trailer I built and sold years ago. Gotta go break in that engine and I’ll be good to go!!
View attachment 74630

·
Registered
456 Posts

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
Installed my new used BF750 clutches. Before I installed them, I completely disassembled them, checked everything out, polished the pins, deglazed the sheaves, cleaned the weights, and blew out all the crud. Then I threw on a new belt, and set the deflection. Tore the secondary apart and removed the thinnest shim, then put it all back together and installed again. Perfecto. Went for a little rip. Wow, new clutches are NICE and quiet. Forgot how smooth things can be when everything is happy.
Still can't believe I found 13 year old clutches with only 600 miles on them!:cool:(y)

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
Went for a ride out in the west desert today so I could really check out these clutches. Forgot to mention in my last post that I left the stock bf750 springs in. Well, holy bat crap, I think I just found the magic combo for this engine! The old Prairie flipping loves them! The midrange is insane. Off the line is still good, though maybe just a tad less violent. Top speed picked up about 5 mph. Backshift is perfect (at least for my current tires).
I have been suspecting for several years that my epi almond secondary was pinch-binding, and it appears it was sometimes. The paint is nearly completely gone on it.
Anyway, it ain't going back in. The Brute springs are staying in for awhile.;):cool:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Got my workbench and tools organized and will re-assemble carbs for my 650 Prairie tomorrow and hopefully have everything back together and running soon.

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
Put some new shoes on the old girl. My old set was only half wore out, but a friend of mine wanted them because he was sick of riding around on bias ply tires. So I got my third set of these maxxis viprs.

·
Registered
456 Posts
New skins are always good. Did the same thing myself to my old Brute. Got rid of my Mud Lite XTR's and put on a set of Interco Swamp Lites. While I had the tires off I replaced the front brake pads too. Got a really good deal on one of those pre black friday sales on the Swamp Lites.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts

Back in Oct I did put my winter tires back on. Carlisle Mud Wolfs on 2008 OE wheels.

This is the Brute Force that donated its wheels.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts

I change my oil and filters today along with the front differential oil.

10,000 miles and spotless.

I love these $2.96 OE air filters. :love:

I also did my annual belt replacement.

The old belt didn't really look all that bad.
I guess with only 1158 miles on it shouldn't be junk. :LOL::ROFLMAO:

I put my recovery hook back on too.
You never know who's going to try and follow you. ;)

I am once again trail ready.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Got the new Bison bumper put on I like it alot more then the Moose bumper. I dont think they are making Moose front and rear bumper anymore. Also changed the oil had 450 miles on it.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I don't think they have a map of trails that run throughout the state.
Forgot to update, we had fun on the trip. Today ill start the process of planning another trip for this summer. Probably going back to Hatfield/McCoy. Since i know we all love pictures!

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
🤯🤪😎
I did this to my Kawie today:

Missed the mark by one mile! Lol!🤬

·
Registered
6 Posts
did a little tinkering on the prairie to see what gives with the new erratic idle. found the throttle cable slack out of adjustment. tightened it up and add a lubricant down the cable . whalla!

2801 - 2820 of 2824 Posts