2821 - 2840 of 2871 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
Not bad

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
Changed my oil and ran a compression test.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My VFJ #4 secondary spring showed up in my mail box today, as promised. lol. I just got everything put back together and the belt cover back on. Now its time to take it for a ride and see what the spring change and the stage 3 do together.
Help I'm new dont know how to get to a discussion about my fi light flashing on my brute force

·
Registered
2,902 Posts

I got my new stator installed yesterday along with my new grill.
Kawasaki calls it a bumper. :rolleyes:
So I got it washed and all ready for a ride.
Not today though, its supposed to start snowing at anytime. :(

·
Registered
763 Posts
Yea nice the weather is starting to break here been in the 50's

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
We're having some pretty good weather here too. Mid 60s a few days last week.
I can still see snow from my place so it will be a while before the majority of trails open up.
So I'll keep the winter tires on for a while.

·
Registered
763 Posts
We're having some pretty good weather here too. Mid 60s a few days last week.
I can still see snow from my place so it will be a while before the majority of trails open up.
So I'll keep the winter tires on for a while.
We barely got any snow at all this year. Just makes me want to move to alaska more. It gets hot as hell here and we dont get anough snow and never gets cold

·
Registered
188 Posts

Installed these running lights they come on with a switch of there own. So I can choose when I want to use them. Had the fronts for awhile just added the rears. All I can do is play with it and rub on it for the time being. On house arrest beside work. Due to the outbreak.

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
kawirider2016 - The brute looks really good. Liking those lights.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Hey thanks. Did the lights,radiator flush and fill, oil change with filter, air filter. Diff fluid change front and rear and belt deflection check. I'm so ready to ride. Called ranger station today. They said they plan on opening April 15. Hope that stands.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Made a set of passenger footrest mounts. Used bike pedals for the footrests as they are easy to find and easy to replace. Powder coated them and bolted them on using the 2 rear floorboard mounting bolt holes. Made 4 different pedal height mounting spots so I can move them up or down a bit. Works great and most importantly, the wife is happy(ish)!

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
I bought a 2003 Prairie 650 skid plate and installed it yesterday. The 2003 was made from steel instead of aluminum. Got tired of the aluminum stocker cracking and getting holes in it.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
I bought a 2003 Prairie 650 skid plate and installed it yesterday. The 2003 was made from steel instead of aluminum. Got tired of the aluminum stocker cracking and getting holes in it.
Mine still wears the factory plastic skid plates and they're beat to hell. LOL

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Made a set of passenger footrest mounts. Used bike pedals for the footrests as they are easy to find and easy to replace. Powder coated them and bolted them on using the 2 rear floorboard mounting bolt holes. Made 4 different pedal height mounting spots so I can move them up or down a bit. Works great and most importantly, the wife is happy(ish)!
View attachment 74948

View attachment 74949
They look awesome. Nice job.

·
Registered
3 Posts
i have a 2002 prairie 650 and i recently messed it up while at a mud park (i didnt swamp it luckily) so i had to rebuild it. ended up replacing the rear piston a total of 4 valves(two of which snapped off), the rear head, and all of the timing chains. I started it up for the first time in a few months today and it turns out i have a water leak from where i can only guess the new gasket got pinched or something and it smokes a little. i ordered the gaskets and hopefully ill get it to it max potential very soon. so thats how my day went.

2821 - 2840 of 2871 Posts