Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

2941 - 2944 of 2944 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Valves are in excellent condition, but when I pulled everything apart, I found one extra washer under one of the valve springs. Maybe these heads were built on a Friday!! 😄

Reactions: Swanny52

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
Maybe the spring was weak so they shimmed it.

I loath mud.

So I washed it. :)

·
Registered
187 Posts
A local gas station has started carrying E-free fuel.
I filled up four 5.5 gallon cans, then I ran my tank down to fumes, and filled up with E-free and a small shot of Seafoam.

It doesn't seem to run any different, but I feel better knowing it won't separate or cause any trouble.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I know that was a lame post, but Ethanol really sucks.

I've had numerous ethanol issues with tillers, wood splitters and other small equipment. In fact, I have several spare carbs on my shelf for just that reason.

The less you use something, the worse it is. I got my arm broken in a nasty accident this spring. (Had I been driving, it wouldn't have happened - lesson learned!) Because of this, my big boat sat for over 6 months.

Last week, I decided to uncover the boat, and start her up. I decided to pump out a little fuel sample, just to be safe.

Despite the fuel additives in the tank, the first quart or two of fuel looked awful- pale and cloudy with water separating out and falling to the bottom. UGH. By the time I'd pumped out a gallon, it was coming through crisp and clean, and the motor started right up and ran well.

The 225 Mercury probably would have burned that bit of stuff with only a little grumble, but that would have stopped my little Prairie 360 dead in it's tracks.

So I'm pleased to have a local E-free fuel supply for the Prairie and our generators. I'm adding Stabil, and keeping those in the shed for the winter. Hopefully, I'll get to ride a lot this winter, and I'll burn right through it.

-TH

2941 - 2944 of 2944 Posts