Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

3021 - 3031 of 3031 Posts

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Glad you got it running. (y) I hope this is it for a long long time.

I really don't care for my flat pack being on the front but I do like the added weight up front.

I have no idea how much my trunk weighs when its full but its heavy and that's more weight back there than I really care for.

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
I pack ten times more crap than I should, but I can't help myself.😄
When I go on really long rides (150+), I put my two 2 gallon Rotos together on the front, and my one gallon Roto on the back. But the trips that are like 120 or 100 with some 4x4 time, I often found myself using all my 2 gallons and wishing I had just one more gallon so I could stab the throttle without fear. I started putting one gallon in a backpack but that wasn't comfortable on long days. Now I can carry three gallons out back and not worry. But I noticed my steering gets a little lighter with all that weight back there.😄

Reactions: rubiranch

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
Fresh tires
Yes. Picked them up 3.5 months ago and only have two rides on them. Last ride was a snow ride so it cleaned them up pretty well.😉

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
I pack ten times more crap than I should, but I can't help myself.😄

Tell me about it. o_O :ROFLMAO:

I even line the bottom of my trunk with door shims for kindling. ;)

My flat pack holds 3.5 gallons. My BF has always felt light in the front compared to my Honda and the two Polaris ATVs that I spent quite a bit of time on. That's why I like the extra gas up front.

With my flat pack on a good easy day I might make it 120 miles. :mad: My friends Can Am 800 Max could do that on 5 gallons. His new 850 Max is good for about 100 miles on 5 gallons.

·
Registered
629 Posts
FINALLY got my rack finished. Turned out really good!

·
Registered
3,109 Posts

My set up is pretty basic. The car ramps put the nose above the box so it goes in far enough that the tailgate shuts.

I had to add the 2x12s to raise the back of the ATV because the drain plug in the muffler would hit the tailgate cap when I hit big bumps in the road. :ROFLMAO:

When the camper is on the truck its trailer time.

·
Registered
629 Posts
That's awesome!! Looks GREAT!! (y)

That's quite a talent you have there.
Thank you! It was a fun project. Learned the limitations of my little welder on this job! Probably need to upgrade to the next size machine. A Lincoln 210MP is on the radar.

·
Registered
3,109 Posts

Loaded it on my trailer so I can head for the San Rafael Swell early in the morning. (y)

3021 - 3031 of 3031 Posts