Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

3161 - 3169 of 3169 Posts

·
Registered
85 KLT110, 08 Prairie360, 11 Prairie360, 11 Prairie360 Camo
84 Posts
Did this too....I was changing oil in pickup trucks and thought Crew Cab F150 was due, too. Went to record the new oil change on my service log and realized the oil (Castrol Full Synth) I just dumped had 400 miles on it. New rule-check service log first.

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Did this too....I was changing oil in pickup trucks and thought Crew Cab F150 was due, too. Went to record the new oil change on my service log and realized the oil (Castrol Full Synth) I just dumped had 400 miles on it. New rule-check service log first.
Thank you. Now I don't feel soo bad. :)

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
I've always used one of the trip meters as my oil change interval. Only time it fails is if I have to unhook the battery for some reason.

Reactions: rubiranch

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
That's a good idea...How often do you change it?
My oil analysis said Amsoil stayed within weight and TBN parameters clear up to the Kawie recommended 1100 mile interval, but I still try to change it every 600 to 800 miles anyway. Oil's cheap when you only have to buy three quarts.😄

Reactions: NMKAWIERIDER

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
I've always used one of the trip meters as my oil change interval. Only time it fails is if I have to unhook the battery for some reason.
Yea I do the same. I use the trip B

Reactions: kickstart

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
I use both trips all the time so that wont work for me.
I change it every 500 miles.
I just forgot this time that I had already changed it.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
I changed the oil in four gear cases this evening, but it wasn't on Kawasaki's. It was on my two Yammie's. Tomorrow, the engine's.

Reactions: rubiranch
3161 - 3169 of 3169 Posts