Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
3201 - 3220 of 3246 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,363 Posts
Is your finish matte because it's camo or the solid matte color like they are putting on cars now? I don't wax Camo because of the finish. I use that SC1 motorcycle polish stuff instead. It's pretty cool how they put the camo on at the factory in Lincoln. There is an outfit in Beaver-Utah Hydrographics-that does the same for gun stocks.
Camo yea I use tire shine on it every now and then and it works great.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Wax??!?? On a quad?!!!?? Ok. I'll pass on that one! Hit it with the garden hose and put her away. Gonna get filthy again 5 minutes after you ride it!
On my motorcycle-----yup. On my quad----NEVER!!!!!!

·
Registered
85 KLT110, 08 Prairie360, 11 Prairie360, 11 Prairie360 Camo
165 Posts
Yeah I know I'm weird, but you won't get a gloss like this without the paste wax. (I do apologize for the dust on the tires....will try to do better)

Besides, never know when Pebble Beach might have a wheeler show, and gotta be prepared to roll out there on a moment's notice....enclosed trailer of course.

·
Premium Member
1,363 Posts
Yeah I know I'm weird, but you won't get a gloss like this without the paste wax. (I do apologize for the dust on the tires....will try to do better) View attachment 76558
Besides, never know when Pebble Beach might have a wheeler show, and gotta be prepared to roll out there on a moment's notice....enclosed trailer of course.
You had me with the pebble beach wheeler show !!!

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
Reactions: Swanny52

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
If I want mine to look GREAT I just stand further back when I take the picture.

Ghost, it looks great without all those gaudy stickers. (y)

·
Registered
4,093 Posts
Installed a new front sleeve, rings, piston, oil, filter, coolant, and took it for a hard break-in run. Start to finish from machine shop to the trail was two days and two nights.

Going out for a normal trail ride tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
1,363 Posts
3201 - 3220 of 3246 Posts