Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
3221 - 3240 of 3246 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,363 Posts
Changed the front diff fluid. Changed over to gear oil. Did the rear also with kawi gear and wet break oil. Fresh engine oil change as well. The K&N oil filters are out of hand now for 14.99 $ They used to be 10.20. Heck even air filters went up they used to be 2.96 now they are 5.73

·
Registered
6 Posts
We have one of these on the Jeep board that i belong to as well. So i thought i would start one on here. I know some of us do something to our ATV's daily. Whether it be routine maintenance or something major. So lets see what you did to your TOY today!
Finished the snorkles adjusted valves adjusted carbs my 06 build almost together got a week off let’s just call it covidcation close contact and there making sit out a week , after two years and haven’t gotten it yet so in the garage to finish both bikes

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
New front diff axle seals, front ball joints, and wheel bearings installed.
Rear diff seals next. Just routine maintenance.
Should be good for another year of rough riding.

Reactions: Swanny52

·
Premium Member
1,363 Posts
Man I hope so..:cool: -you only get a year out of bearings and seals?
Yea we ride some rough stuff. Im hoping these ricochet skid plates hold up. I went through 3 sets of the hdpe one. Finaly gonna try aluminum

·
Registered
6 Posts
89 KLF300C 4x4. Just finished reinstalling new cv boots after last ones lasted 1 ride and split in 2 places. Rebuild front brake cylinders, replaced front output shaft ujoints. Now just need to repaint rims black instead of white and put some high temp paint on exhaust. Oh yeah, also replaced clutch shift arm and mechanism. I think that's it for now. If it wasn't such an awesome bike I prob wouldn't put so much into it. It just doesn't quit.

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
Man I hope so..:cool: -you only get a year out of bearings and seals?
Yes, Sometimes go through two sets of wheel bearings in a year. Seals usually hold up for two to three years. Last year I installed tie rod heim ends with rubber boot covers - they work awesome. Made my own tie rod kit purchased from Speedway Motors.

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
Yes, Sometimes go through two sets of wheel bearings in a year. Seals usually hold up for two to three years. Last year I installed tie rod heim ends with rubber boot covers - they work awesome. Made my own tie rod kit purchased from Speedway Motors.
Swanny52 had a new set of hdpe skids I installed, and pretty much had them tore up in a month or two. But he has elka stg 3 shocks, which I think has his machine a little low - he needs a 2" lift

·
Registered
3,324 Posts

Here's the old belt and how it fit in the secondary clutch. The belt has 920 miles and 83.5 hrs on it.

And here's the new belt. It sits much higher in the groove.

The old belt looked fine but it wore down faster than previous belts.
The stall was getting higher. Maybe it could have just been shimmed.

No way and I going to take it apart and not install a new belt factory felt.
Its back to its normal self. :)

I haven't changed the shims in the clutch for several years now. I just replace the belt.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts

Found an unopened box out in the shop today from Rocky Mountain ATV.
It had a new belt and shims in it that I ordered back in January and forgot. :rolleyes:
I guess I wont need to buy one next year. :LOL:

·
Premium Member
1,363 Posts

Found an unopened box out in the shop today from Rocky Mountain ATV.
It had a new belt and shims in it that I ordered back in January and forgot. :rolleyes:
I guess I wont need to buy one next year. :LOL:
Its nice to have extra parts on hand

Reactions: rubiranch

·
Registered
4,093 Posts
Replaced 4 stretched headbolts, one bad tie rod end, and one bad fan switch on the Green Streak, and one really nasty air filter on the girlfriend's Brute over the weekend!
Tool Hand tool Kitchen utensil Metalworking hand tool Auto part

Automotive tire Coil spring Motor vehicle Suspension Gas

Rectangle Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior Engineering

Rectangle Wood Flooring Font Grass

Reactions: rubiranch

·
Registered
4,093 Posts
I'm ashamed of you for allowing your girlfriends air filter to get that dirty. :oops:;)
And that was just after only two club rides!!! I couldn't believe it!

3221 - 3240 of 3246 Posts