Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
3261 - 3280 of 3293 Posts

·
Registered
3,343 Posts

I washed mine today. Might have been the first time this year. o_O
I have only ridden it 3 or 4 times this whole year. :(

I've been spending most of my free time working on the old Ford truck I bought last November.

I am currently replacing the old tired 390 with this rebuilt 1966 Mercury Marauder 410 4V.
It should be the perfect engine for the old truck. ;)

·
Registered
782 Posts
Added some wheel chocks to my quad deck to keep the Brute from rockin back and forth while driving. Keeps her rock solid now!!
Tire Wheel Sky Vehicle Motor vehicle

Tire Sky Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Tread

Reactions: kickstart

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
I did very little riding this year, barely 500 miles since July last year.

Automotive tire Liquid Fluid Sports equipment Gas

Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire

Vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Vehicle registration plate Font Gas Motor vehicle Measuring instrument

(y)
Vehicle registration plate Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Font Gas

The throttle bores are still spotless so the good ole $3 OE air filters are doing their job. (y)

Liquid Automotive tire Fluid Bottle cap Bottle

And its about time Kawasaki came out with a new improved formula ultimate performance full synthetic engine oil. :eek: :LOL:

Motor vehicle Vehicle Hood Automotive design Automotive exterior

The old truck has been eating a lot of my time off.
I found a 1966 Mercury Marauder 410 in Colorado Springs back in the end of May.
In 1966 Mercury took a 428 crankshaft and cast new pistons and put them in a 390.
So its essentially a stroked 390.
Mercury only produced them for two years.
I feel very fortunate to have found this one.
It runs like a $$million.

·
Registered
4,178 Posts
Got some new wheels and tires mounted on the Brute. Dwt Diablo beadlock wheels and Sedona Ripsaw tires.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Tread

Tire Wheel Vehicle Hood Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Hood

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Tread

·
Registered
4,178 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,490 Posts

·
Registered
4,178 Posts

·
Registered
4,178 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,490 Posts

·
Registered
4,178 Posts
Your gas milage probably is to haha
Yes, and top speed. And she won't wheelie in high range now, only in low.
But I will take an increase in handling, dependability, and traction over mileage and wheelies any day.

·
Premium Member
1,490 Posts
Yes, and top speed. And she won't wheelie in high range now, only in low.
But I will take an increase in handling, dependability, and traction over mileage and wheelies any day.
How much heavier are those new wheels over stock ?

·
Super Moderator
5,589 Posts
Hardly anything lighter then the stock Dunlops. 2-play with a 4ply rating skins..some people use them quite a while but most blow them pretty fast. I know kickstart was one of those guys cause of where he rides. Can't have them. My Reapers were pretty heavy but I'll trade a little power loss for no flat-worries any day.

·
Registered
4,178 Posts
Probably in the neighborhood of 3x.
I'd say the wheels are about average weight for an aftermarket wheel, but these tires are definitely on the heavy side.

·
Registered
4,178 Posts
Hardly anything lighter then the stock Dunlops. 2-play with a 4ply rating skins..some people use them quite a while but most blow them pretty fast. I know kickstart was one of those guys cause of where he rides. Can't have them. My Reapers were pretty heavy but I'll trade a little power loss for no flat-worries any day.
I actually got stranded last week about 35 miles from the truck. Had a nail go into the tread portion of the Dumflops. The nail was keeping most of the air in, but it eventually pushed through after riding about 10 miles while pumping it up every couple miles. When I finally got a tire plug in it, I could see that the rubber was only about a millimeter thick!

With these beadlock wheels and these Ripsaw tires, I know I could run them with no air whatsoever for as long as needed. In fact, I might just run like one pound pressure in all four tires all the time as stiff as these are. When I had five pounds in them yesterday, I couldn't get them to flex even when I stood on them.

3261 - 3280 of 3293 Posts