Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently had an offer to trade my 06 kfx400 for a 04 yfz450, both bike have a few "dress up parts" but are mostly stock. I can't make up my mind if I should make the trade or not, can anybody give me the pros and cons of a trade like this ? Is it worth going to a 450 that is 2 years older than mine or should I keep my 400 and put some money into it so it will keep up with the 450s ?:confused:

Thank you for your help .

·
Registered
20 Posts
That is tough. I personally get attached to any machine that I own, so trades would be hard to do for me. However, YFZ's are very nice quads and as a matter of fact, I would have bought a 2004 YFZ for about $4200 if it weren't for a friend offering me a 2003 KFX400 for $2500.

Since it is mostly stock, you can bet that nothing has internally been screwed up to bad and all you can hope for is that he didn't beat it to death. If he is honest and its in good condition, I would give it a long test ride to decide if that is indeed worth the trade as far as being comfortable with it. In the end, it is up to you to decide what feels right after all. Hope this helped.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Build the 400 to spank the 450's :D

·
Registered
49 Posts
build the 400 up because when your done it will be just as fast or even faster than a 450 but the best part about building the 400 is that when your done it still has reverse and the seat it way more comfortable than that yfz

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
build the 400 up because when your done it will be just as fast or even faster than a 450 but the best part about building the 400 is that when your done it still has reverse and the seat it way more comfortable than that yfz

The 400 is also cheaper to build up than the yfz.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't know about cheaper to build, I work for yamaha so the parts and stuff would be a lot cheaper for me to get from work.:lol: But I haven't read as many problems with the kfx as the yfz and nobody has said one positive thing about the seat or the oil issues the early yfzs' had. I'm leaning heavly towards keeping the kfx and putting a few more parts and call it done for now, bmx season is starting and it's hard to do both every weekend (getting old sucks:))
Thanks for all the replies.
Tommy

·
Premium Member
11,525 Posts
If you can get the oil mod for cheap...go for it. If not stay away from pre 07 yfz's.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.