Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a 2004 mule 3010. While changing the fuel filter today I noticed the wire on the oil pressure switch was ripped off.

Question is, what does it do on this machine? I’ve always known oil pressure switches to trigger a warning light. This doesn’t have a warning light. The service manual does not have an operation section. So anyone know?

The utv runs, not great especially when cold and pops out of gear once when cold too. I’m thinking the switch has nothing to do with either.

·
Registered
17 Posts
It should turn a warning light on. Is it 1 or 2 wires? 1 wire, on older cars,you can take the wire off of the switch. Hold it to ground and warning light should come on. I would fix the wire plug it in and see what happens

·
Super Moderator
4,508 Posts
It should turn a warning light on. Is it 1 or 2 wires? 1 wire, on older cars,you can take the wire off of the switch. Hold it to ground and warning light should come on. I would fix the wire plug it in and see what happens
Same here I would think. Just provides a ground for an LED in the pod when below say..8psi or so. Just fix it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts