Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering what else i can do performance wise to my bike. it is a 04 prairie 700. it has a hmf full exhaust and a twin air filter with two two inch snorkels and high compression pistons ,ported and polished heads,stock cams,and a jet kit,if i remember right they are 178 182 jets needles are two notches down from stock, and a dynatech module, any other ideas to make more power without boring out any more.

·
Super Moderator
9,446 Posts
That just depends on how deep your pockets are. There are lots of mods left...a few include clutch mods, nitrous, aftermarket cams with HD valve springs, bigger carbs, swap out your pistons for better pistons from a reputable engine builder, bigger intake boots, lightened flywheel, etc.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
whats the best cam out for these bikes for trail riding? i was told my bike has a 650 brute transmission which has lower gears? is that true cause right now it has 29.5 12 outlaws all the way around and it wheelies with ease in high and will break all four loose in low on asphault.

·
Super Moderator
12,553 Posts
There's no difference in the trannies; don't believe everything you hear. The size of the cams you can run depends on the pistons you have; it's likely you could at least run a strong trail cam. The right cams will give you more power than all the other mods you have now combined.

·
Premium Member
6,513 Posts
stage 2 cams or amr's xx cams are your best bet for an awesome trail cam.... but im not sure if you can run them with off the shelf pistons or not... you will definitely need the valve springs for them though..... a good set of cams make all the difference in the world on these bikes....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts