Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up an '04 V with Gun Metal Greyish/Blue Carbon Fiber Plastic on it. I don't think this was ever offered by Kawi? Do I have aftermarket Maier plastic on this thing? I see Maier makes a Carbon Fiber plastic but can't tell from the website about the color. Did/Do any other aftermaket companies make plastic for our quads?

I'm a new owner, appreciate the help.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
I think dawg is right...In 04 kawi had a carbon matrix plastic...and I think maier only has made a carbon look hood, but not a full set of plastics

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Interesting, I stopped at a dealer and they had no clue! The parts guy who's been there forever was pretty sure that it isn't factory plastic. If it is factory it must be pretty rare then. I almost feel like I should take it off and store it!

·
Premium Member
9,455 Posts
My friend you are on Kawieriders.com the premier V-FORCE website on the planet

If it concerns a V-Force you WILL find your answer here

By the way welcome to the site

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
You can tell if its factory or maier pretty easy...

The mounting tabs for under the fender on Kawi plastics are molded into the plastic.

The Maiers just have holes for the tabs where the fenders are just bolted to the Maier supplied mounting tabs.

This is the same for front and rear fenders.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll check on the mounting points but I'm pretty sure they're molded in. I have a feeling it's factory plastic. It's also got all of the factory warning stickers still intact. I'm the third owner and the guy I bought it from said the original owner told him he paid extra to get that plastic. I guess it's conceivable that if he had a dealer do everything for him they might have gone ahead and put all the stickers on aftermarket plastic for liability purposes before they let it out the door but I doubt it.

I think you guys have solved the mystery and I have what I'm guessing is fairly rare color V.

·
Premium Member
3,762 Posts
Here you go.

·
Vendor
15,419 Posts
it's stock kawasaki LE Carbon Matrix. the most brittle of the kawasaki plastics. they will shatter like glass, crack the rear fenders off, and be ruined VERY EASILY.

it was one of the LE edition Vforces.

if they are in good condition they are worth some $$ to those that want that look. they are about 700 for a new set of those.

John

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wow, that's cool that I've got a Ltd Edition but it sucks they're brittle as all get out. That's what I was afraid of. I guess I should probably store the original plastic and start looking for a set of everyday skins.

I suppose Maier is the best most affordable route and then throw on a graphics kit from AMR?

Thanks for all the feedback.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Good to know, I'll have to do some checking with some local dealers and see what the going rates are.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,762 Posts
OEM fenders are way cheaper than the Maier ones the airbox cover alone is $80.00 when the oem is $20.00 and they are not that much better.The oem will fit better also.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Post up in the Wanted section on here---Perhaps someone near you will have what your looking for---Too expensive to ship plastics.

Kenny

·
Registered
58 Posts
wot is the difference in LE or LTD edition and can i find out witch one i got ????

1 - 15 of 15 Posts