Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've always used NGK and I even use NGK Iridium in my car (which surprisingly gave me about 4mpg more on the freeway). I just read that they make this same plug for the Tecate. Curious if anyone ever used the Iridium in their quad?

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
I always used a b8es also until the crf motor now it uses an iridium plug, atleast i only have to buy one a year.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Just run the standard BR8ES or B8ES. Did some dyno testing a few years ago and didnt notice any difference in HP # on the dyno between plugs. The only thing thats good about the Iridum plugs is they dont wear the gap as fast as a standard plug plus they are a better conductor of current. You still wont gain HP buy a plug though.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I wasn't really looking for a plug to make big hp gains but if I don't lose anything and I only have to replace it once a year its worth the 8 bucks to me - some of us are lazy lol.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I run the high end plugs too, I just do all my jetting with the standard ones first. Once everthing is right I like to be lazy too....

·
Registered
880 Posts
wait wait wait... are you guys actually hinting at the fact that a b8es plug won't last a whole season? because they will.. in fact... when i take them out during the freshening my quads for spring i've NEVER had a bad one.. and they cost $2.. and if for some reason you foul one. they cost $2.. also while we are on teh tiopic of spark plugs.. did yoi know that ngk offers a 1 year warranty on all spark plugs? 2 years on some also.. but the b8es is a one year replacement warranty.. sooooooo i buy 8 plugs.. and a week later take back 8 old ones.. 16 plugs for the price of 8.. booo yaaaa.. all you gotta do is get used to not throwing plugs across the shop into the trash..

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
When I had the 2stroker in my t-4 the b8es in it was at least 4 years old, I never changed it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts