Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I was wonderin if 25" tires would be too much for the v? I want to do itp mudlites and go a lil bigger for more clearance but i dont wanna affect performance either :confused: maybe a 23" or 24". Idk, what you guys think? Also i just put dmc afterburner duals :D on it and they turned a lil blue at the headers, i knew they would but is a lil blue good or alot of blue good?

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
That will definitely affect performance, running those huge, heavy mud tires will slow you down quite a bit.

Like Dr. Love said, 25's will not fit with a stock swingarm.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Changing the rear tire size will also change your "gearing" it would be like changing the size of a rear sprocket on a chain driven ATV. The larger the rear tire the higher your top-end speed, the smaller the tire the faster your acceleration.

I run 20-11-r10 Maxis IRazrs and I have never had a problem in anything but the worst mud. Even then I rarely get completely stuck, i just have to work a little to keep moving

·
Registered
8,149 Posts
25's will fit

At least the 25" Cheng Shins will

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys, ill probably just do 22" mudlites, the holeshots perform great in most cases but i need a lil more grip for the snow :D

·
Premium Member
4,361 Posts
I have a set of 22x11x10 Gators like brand new I'll sell you if you would be interested.

·
Premium Member
10,240 Posts
I have heard that Bear Claws are a very good all-around tire and wear great. I have a set of 22" on my orange V but haven't even tried them out yet. I think there are a LOT better tires out there to choose from than the Mud Lite.

·
Registered
99 Posts
mud lites wear fast im on my 2nd set on a 750 brute force i just went with 30xxl mud lites i will see if this set is better i do all kinds of riding mud,trails etc i dont want outlaws or silverbacks because i dont mud all the time and i dont want to tear up axles,bearings etc

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
i have a set of pirelli mudwiser 25 11 10 that i had on stock wheels. $100 shipped
they are like new condition. i had them on a stock v for a little while. went real good in the deep stuff!

·
Registered
144 Posts
runines on the board here has 25" bear claws on his v, he had to trim alittle bit of the heal gaurd i think.

We tested tires on the dyno, we made 3 more hp with 24" bears than we did with 22" holeshots. And it wasn't just the tread making the difference because his bike and mine made 46hp each, went on the road and he beat me everytime, he had 24's I had 22's.

Makes launching alittle easier too.

·
Premium Member
6,975 Posts
I have 25" lumberjacks. They barely rubbed the heal gaurds, but they had been bent, and could have been pushed back. BUT when I put screws in ther tires, they anialated the gaurds. It is that close

·
Registered
1 Posts
Im gunna put 24" itp mud lites on my kfx and I think the only thing you half to do is get a different clutch spring Im pretty sure?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for all the input guys! I think I'm gonna go with either the 22" mudlites or zillas, they are only around 2lbs each heavier than the holeshots.:) The 589s are alot heavier. What about the super swampers?(not the swamplites) Anyone used them?

·
Registered
48 Posts
I run 25" Innova roadtires (270-60-12 / 188-60-12) on 12" wheels before I did the 4" swingextension. It worked out great but I did have a Dalton clutch kit installed. After I extended the swing I got another set of 12" wheels with 25" Maxxis terrain tires (25-10-12 / 25-8-12), they are actually a little taller than the road tires. Anyway, they work great in the snow and dirt but not so good in the sand. If you go with 25" tires you'll have better mileage and top speed. Acceleration will be a little less but still enough to lift the front wheels. If you do trailriding I would recommend the 25" because of mileage and added groundclearance. I would also recommend spacers to go along taller tires in order to improve handling.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts