Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the stock one in right now, VFORCEJOHN did the clutch, and I got a maroon one sitting here. So what spring do you have in?

·
Premium Member
1,635 Posts
I used a Dalton blue, but when I got my VFJ stage 3 spidermod, I switched to a orange/blue (as per John's advice). I really like this setup for trails.

·
Super Moderator
12,615 Posts
I have the stock one in right now, VFORCEJOHN did the clutch, and I got a maroon one sitting here. So what spring do you have in?
Going by your sig, you basically have a bone-stock engine. I would think that you would go with a spring that's only slightly stiffer than the stock spring.

·
Registered
717 Posts
I use the maroon spring, it works great. I had a pink a bone stock bike awhile back and I liked it too. I ran a blue/orange but I never could get used to it in tight woods, it was just to jerky for me.

·
Premium Member
11,677 Posts
o/b .....

·
Premium Member
6,161 Posts
I went from stock to Pink then to Maroon then to Orange/Blue now back to Maroon but whatever you do and end up with hurry and take the stock out and at least put that Maroon in what you have lying around, you'll be amazed at the difference, stock is useless.

·
Registered
363 Posts
not exactly the same bike but i got the maroon in my 650 sra. ALOT better than stock. i hear springs with more stall like the o/b are better for drags.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Going by your sig, you basically have a bone-stock engine. I would think that you would go with a spring that's only slightly stiffer than the stock spring.
I don't have my KFX700 in my sig :eek::D

It is Stock bore aftermarket pistons, like 11.5 compression ratio I think if thats normal, XX cams, White Bro's exhaust and for now that seems about it.

·
Premium Member
3,762 Posts
Skip if this is in the v force I would say put that maroon in.I use the maroon and I like it allot.

·
Super Moderator
12,615 Posts
I don't have my KFX700 in my sig :eek::D

It is Stock bore aftermarket pistons, like 11.5 compression ratio I think if thats normal, XX cams, White Bro's exhaust and for now that seems about it.
Dalton O/B

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Skip if this is in the v force I would say put that maroon in.I use the maroon and I like it allot.
I'm going to try it for now. Just haven't been able to have the time to put it in. Just seeing what everyone else is using.

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
If you're running John's stage clutching I found a lighter rate spring to work best like the maroon or pink. Stock or slightly heavier than stock weight, but still the high full shiftout number.

To me it seemed the higher shift rate of the O/B, and even the blue lost some of the torque during the shift. Very revvy but seemed not to pull quite so hard.

Always like the O/B in combo with DPK 56 weights though just not with this stage 3.

I run the maroon w/3 shims, and 2/54's & 2/56's. Very manageable, better traction and still goes like hell when you want it to.

·
Premium Member
16,646 Posts
I don't have a Spider mod clutch. The Polaris yellow and the O/B works well for my setup,depending what weights I use and what I'm trying to accomplish.
You will need to test to see what works best for your conditions and engines output.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The O/B is black orange? What I would like to do is compare the stock, maroon, and maybe a couple other ones to see what I like. Just didn't know what everyone had. The dalton spring is the O/B right?

·
Premium Member
9,455 Posts
Orange blue or Almond are both good choices for the woods also like the blue

It really is preference though try till you find one you like

1 - 20 of 20 Posts