Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what Tachometers you have used on your bikes? I'm not totally convinced on doing a digital one yet. But I kinda like the Autometer but I don't think a 5'' monster Tach will look good either. Maybe a digital on will work for me but I want something I can read also. What do you use and how do you like?

·
Premium Member
1,635 Posts
I used a Shindy Daytona tach (a small digital tach). I didn't really have any problems seeing it, but it was just a little slow response. It was pretty cheap, so it is a good value, but probably not the best for any fine tuning jobs.

·
Premium Member
10,240 Posts
I haven't used any tachs yet myself but I was told by the tech department at Trail Tech that they should have a small digital tach available the beginning of this year. I guess it is supposed to be similar to the Tiny Tach & Daytona digital tachs but have quicker response times.

·
Premium Member
1,689 Posts
I use a Trail Tech Vapor with the dash board, it has a sweeping tach and I can see it well, plus I like having the other options it has.

·
Registered
10,321 Posts
I run the Trail Tech Vapor too. The nice thing about the Vapor is it has the Sweep Tach (Which you can kind of see in the pic. It shows up great when you are running the motor.) and the 00 down in the right hand corner is a numerical Tach. It also has a High RPM recall. Not to mention, that their Bar Clamp and Vapor mount is top notch.

·
Premium Member
16,645 Posts
I like my Digatron.
It also has two temp sensor inputs,I use one for coolant and one for exhaust temp. It also can be setup with a lap timer,but I never messed with that part.

·
Registered
4,362 Posts
i had the acewell 3100 on my V, worked great.. i even had the speedo working

·
Super Moderator
12,637 Posts
I have a Tiny Tach; cheap to buy, but the response time is about 1.5 seconds behind. That doesn't make a difference on an automatic quad, but not good for a manual shift.
Tiny Tach now makes a more expensive version that has no lag, but of course it's more money too.
I don't see how anyone can do accurate clutch tuning w/o a tach.

·
Premium Member
16,645 Posts
I don't see how anyone can do accurate clutch tuning w/o a tach. /QUOTE]
You can do it with timers,but it will only be good for those conditions.
If you know how your engine makes the power at the crank,your tach will make it easier to set up for any conditions.
A tach will make it so much easier to be consistent.

·
Premium Member
22,489 Posts
A sweeping needle tach is easiest to read IMO.

·
Super Moderator
12,637 Posts
A sweeping needle tach is easiest to read IMO.
Yup, reds650 had one on his old P650. Very easy to see when at speed.

·
Premium Member
22,489 Posts

Okay Monkey... your turn. :D

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Okay Monkey... your turn. :D
Is that a 3 1/2'' tach? I thought about doing that but just the Tach I don't need all that other stuff. Well atleast I don't think I do. So is that EFI Camo since you have 0-100 PSI for the fuel pressure? How far have you had the boost up to? Monkey are you going to out do Camo?

·
Premium Member
23,814 Posts
why thank you Camo :lol:....outdo him :lol: just the basics...I prefer the clean look

imo also, sweep is easiest to read. Autometer 3 3/4" 14000 with recall

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm seeing alot of water Temperature to. Are they easy to hook up on the Brute Force? Camo I like your setup just to much for me. Monkey that is a good look for me!!!

·
Premium Member
23,814 Posts
water temp is real easy to hook up

·
Premium Member
23,814 Posts
I got you pm Skip......I'll get to you afterwhile :)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts