Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've tried everything, nothing holds them. As soon as it gets hot it turns to gel. And everything has been good for 250*

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
I used catipillar adhesive. I haven't had any trouble with them coming off

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im trying jb weld now

·
Premium Member
3,481 Posts
Ive always just used 2 part 5 min epoxy with no problems, are thay actual hot grip brand? I find with those a layer of electrical tape on your bars helps, makes thenm hard to put on but its a much tighter fit.

·
Registered
711 Posts
ThreeBond brand grip glue. I used it on mine and I have grip heaters on them.They have yet to come loose.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
These are the actual hot grips. I tried the 5 min epoxy, it uncured once they got hot. I think the JB weld is the best solution. Its about hardened and I couldnt budge them when they were heated up. I cant believe how hot they get. They get over 160 degrees on high.

·
Registered
652 Posts
I used JB weld on my generic "hot grips" last year for my Brute and both of my King Quads and they have yet to budge!! You won't have a prob

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Generic hot grips? I didn't think they could be made any cheaper then these?!

·
Registered
111 Posts
I've tried everything, nothing holds them. As soon as it gets hot it turns to gel. And everything has been good for 250*
I used good old fashioned Super Glue on mine and not budged yet.. in much use over here in the UK at the moment as the average temp over the last three weeks has been -10 Degrees.:eek:

-------------------------------------

"Quadbikers do it on all fours"

·
Registered
652 Posts
Generic hot grips? I didn't think they could be made any cheaper then these?!
I'm not sure how much Hotgrips are but I paid about $33 for each set for my quads. I think Westen or something like that made them but I can't find it in a Google search but came up with these which are very similiar. Mine just have a Hi/Lo single button to change settings and have worked flawlessly the dozen ++ times I've had to use them.
Tusk Handlebar Grip Heater Kit With Molded Grips | Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

1 - 11 of 11 Posts