Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do u all have mod-wise on your quad?
On mine all i got right now is a K&N Filter w/ outerwear, Ported airbox and Some elkas. Im gettin a pipe next week, jsut not sure which one. J/W what you all got and how i stack up.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well guys, went out and bought a Yosh Full System for the 400 the other day, man i love it. It woke my KFX right up.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Well guys I don't have a 400 but I do have a highly modified Praire 650 that may be of some interest. We are building it as a project quad for ATVscene where I'm the editor for the Rec Rider column. We hope to have the project done to be posted in late Dec or early Jan on ATVscene.com (I waiting on an aftermarket CDI box).

We started with a 2001 Prairie 650 but half way through the project it was lost in a house fire. Fortunately the only things lost we positions, everyone got out safe but I'll never install another Warn winch, if you get my drift. Anyway here is a list of what we have on our Project Quad:

OMF Douglas .190 Bead Lock Rims with internal support ring
Maxxis All-Traks (Testing ITP's new Holeshot ATR Radial Tire next week)
Big Gun Exhaust (Designed by Mike Penland)
Penland Brother Racing (PBR) Cam
Progressive Springs for front struts
K&N jets
No-Toil Filter System
12 UNI 1" vent plugs in filter cover
Diamond G Racing Snorkle
PBR Angle Footpegs
Kawsaki OEM skid plate & A-arm guard
Custom front & rear bumpers with re-inforced front mounting rack
PIAA axuliary lights mounted on a modified front rack - front rack has been cut down so it's just big enough to mount the lights on and to support the front shock mounts
PBR Team Green Plastic trimmed for a cleaner look
PBR Billet bracket for digital display
PBR Billet gas cap, oil cap, dip stick & shifter handle
Powder coated bumpers, floor board, foot pegs, light bracket
Front & Rear racks removed (except for light mount)
PBR Clutch Kit plus custom clutch work by Jim Dahl
EBC break pads

. . . and many more modifications which will be explained in detail when the article comes out on ATVscene.com.

·
Registered
42 Posts
ive got works triple rate steelers w/ rezzies and thata bout the only mod, dont think skids and grips really count. i'm hopefully getting k&n kit nerfs and ct exaust for x mas.

·
Premium Member
1,239 Posts
just a few mods

Howdy,
Well, I have just a few mods on my 650. I know it isn't much but they all work well together. The mods are:
K&N filter
jetted
Diamond G snorkel
HMF slip on exhaust
vents in front cover with Unifilters
26" Dirt Devils
Black clutch spring to be installed this week :roll:
Diamond G cdi box when it is available
:roll: Well have a goodun!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
116 Posts
We are putting the final touches on the article for ATVScene.com. Actually we are working very hard to get our hands on a CDI Box but are having very good luck. Anyway I do have pictures put I can't figure out how to get them on the site. I'm not that technical. Sorry. If CDI Box doesn't show up this week then I will finish the article and get the story on-line ASAP.

·
Registered
16 Posts
You said that your Prairie was a 2001? Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the Prairie 650 first come out as a 2002 model? :shock:

·
Registered
116 Posts
You said that your Prairie was a 2001?  Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the Prairie 650 first come out as a 2002 model? :shock:[/b]
I think you are correct - they came out in 2001 as 2002 models which means I've had two 2002 Prairie 650's. :oops:

·
Registered
116 Posts
ive got works triple rate steelers w/ rezzies and thata bout the only mod, dont think skids and grips really count. i'm hopefully getting k&n kit nerfs and ct exaust for x mas.[/b]
I will have the ATVScene Project 650 article in John Pellan's hands by Sunday night and hopefully he can do his magic and get it up on the site the first of next week. We have more goodies coming for it so I guess we will have to have a followup article in a month or so.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts