Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok we all need hand tools to work on this stuff. Some of us have welders, tool boxes full of tools, cutting torch, buffer, bandsaw, lift, and so on. Some of us don't have near that much. So if you had to pick one tool that your almost 100% sure that you will buy next what would it be? Also what would it be if money wasn't an option?

Can't wait to get great idea's from you guys.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
I found a valve grinder for $200 on craigslist today..it has an oiler and everything.. I know you said "if" money is no problem. I think this would be the next thing for me, right after the stripper pole of course.

·
Premium Member
16,646 Posts
Damn...:(
I was going to say stripper pole:lol:

·
Super Moderator
12,616 Posts
Plasma cutter. After that, I don't know.

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
a bigger hammer so i can smash shit that dosnt work:lol:

i will 2nd the hoist nothing worse than layn under a car thats lowered tryn to work on it:mad:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Guess id hafta say .. A garage would be the first thing Id buy if money was no concern .:D
Good thing i have the shop at work , thats where all my tools are so thats where i do all my work ,,but i would like my next tool to be a plasma cutter aswell .

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
to hell with the stripper pole, ill just keep a STRIPPER in there.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
plasma cutter ,no question ........

·
Premium Member
9,455 Posts
I would like to have a couple of nice lathes a bridgeport and a nice CNC machine and a water jet would be nice also

·
Premium Member
23,817 Posts
5 axis cnc :D

man would we have some cool stuff for our V's

·
Registered
343 Posts
Since I don't have a welder yet, I'd get a mig welder.

If money was nothin, I'd get a plasma-cam. Used one in the shop class in high school and made all kinds of stuff with it.

·
Premium Member
6,975 Posts
5 axis cnc :D

man would we have some cool stuff for our V's
That's why I like where I work:D Got a Mazak hv-630 5 axis mill, and most of our other mills have 4th axis chucks. All of our lathes have live milling pockets on the turret. EDM machines. We are talking about getting a water jet :rock: I do some makeshift fabrication and the boss wants to persue it profesionaly

hv-630

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
well i will tell u right now if i didnt have a tire changer and balancer i would get them. they are always in use for me and my buds also makes tires experiments for the atvs that much cheaper and easier because ur doing it urself at home

·
Premium Member
9,455 Posts
well i will tell u right now if i didnt have a tire changer and balancer i would get them. they are always in use for me and my buds also makes tires experiments for the atvs that much cheaper and easier because ur doing it urself at home

Heck I have 6 tire changers and 4 balancers

You want to buy some :lol:

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
A new rubber whip airline as the plastic coil type don't like the heat. For the life of me when I was working I don't know I never took one.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts