Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you saw my other thread, this is from slamming the front left of the bike into the back left of a F-250. Hit the front left of the bumper.

Bike runs fine, but the wheel's leaning in - trying to find out why...what's wrong with it. I took the wheel off and see the hub leaning a bit, but can't tell WHY.

See pictures.

·
Premium Member
16,645 Posts
Looks like it's just a bent a-arm.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hate to say it bro but I think you bent your frame, I did the same thing to my 09 750 on it's maiden voyage and cost me 1600 for a new frame and 40hrs of my time to do a frame change, bike only had 28kms on it. Check the front frame tubes where everything connects to I'll bet they bent.
Camber is set from factory which is held together from the frame, you can only adjust toe..
Sorry about your luck, get some skid plates after you fix her up..
Get a service manual if you do the frame change it's worth it's weight in gold.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i HOPE it's not a bent frame - it only hit on the front left, where the bumper is, and then i know it must've hit the front left wheel pretty hard too.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i don't believe we can pop 90 degree wheelies with these things, and then smack back down with a 250 pound passenger on the back of them, but hitting a solid object (and climbing up it, granted) at 10mph bends the entire frame.

and if it did, isn't there a way to fix it? like a frame machine for a car?

·
Premium Member
16,645 Posts
Sure they can be fixed.
Some new reinforcements should be added to the weakened areas.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well i'm taking it to a local shop here monday.

for those of you that read my other thread, i'm going to get it fixed up, then it goes on craigslist. it's a shame, because i'd just put a $450 stereo on it. oh well :(

·
Registered
72 Posts
In your 7th picture down, it almost looks like the top mount for the top A-arm is cracked and bent? You can just see it jutting into the picture and it looks like it's bent and the paint is cracked and coming off....or is that supposed to be like that and i'm seeing things?

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
In your 7th picture down, it almost looks like the top mount for the top A-arm is cracked and bent? You can just see it jutting into the picture and it looks like it's bent and the paint is cracked and coming off....or is that supposed to be like that and i'm seeing things?

no i see it too. tweaked im sure, if not cracked.

·
Registered
256 Posts
You can see where the paint flaked off. I have seen this over and over with the brutes. If you know someone with a frame straightner it would take no more than an hour to fix it. Mine and three others were the same. Gave her a tug on the frame machine and good to go. No reinforcement after and still straight after 4 years. mine hit a tree, 1 hit a dog and 2 others rolled them. All bent at the upper control arm tab area.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The suggestions on putting it on a frame machine is the first thing I would try. My 06 was bent in the same location and my brother-in-law has a body shop and was able to fix it and put a couple of braces to hold it in place. My wife rides it now and it is as good or better than when it was new. We did a frame switch on a buddys AC and man that was not fun. His frame was broken in 7 places and was not worth repairing.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
look at the upper aft a arm attach point, it should be hanging straight down,at a 90degree angle from horizonal, i had the right side of mine do that after hitting a non moveing object, mine was bent outboard gave the tire the oppsite canter, your would be bent inboard to give the canter you have. the attach point for the upper a arm rear attach hangs down from the frame rail about 4 in. and will bend with enough force used gas torch ,cable, and turnbuckel to repair mine. good luck

1 - 13 of 13 Posts