Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
EDIT: Update post #10

So new to atvs, been into street bikes for years. I bought this '11 BF 750 for more kid friendly stuff with a teryx 4. Anyway, the rear wheels are spaced out about 2 inches on each side and I don't want that. They don't look like regular spacers, maybe like upgraded hub spacers or something?
Idk if that's a thing, looks like castle nut would have to come off to get the assembly off. But can someone tell me what I have and what I need to look for to return it to factory?
Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
The extended bolts are actually sleeves which screw on to the original wheel studs, it appears that yours do not have a pair of flats to enable you to use a wrench to unscrew them so its vice grip time or a pair of nuts back to back and unscrew them .

The large plastic spacer should lever of , if difficult try using hot water to break the the grip, the spacers you have are the same as i had on my machine so are normal aftermarket fitment , the only difference being is that my sleeves have flats to enable removal with a wrench .

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dang those suckers are on there good. Gave it a half hearted attempt to get them out with vice grips, then with an air hammer but they didn't move.

I wonder if a pitman puller or ball joint puller would work...
I noticed the front is about a 1.5" space while the rear is a 2" spacer. What about maybe cutting all black spacer rings down to size so they are maybe an inch(?) That should help everything as a whole.
Thoughts? Criticisms? Expletives?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Oh sweet! Hmm, too bad mine don't have that flat part to get a wrench on to. That would make it "too" easy. I'll put some heat on it and see if I can get to loosen up. I can maybe try to grind 2 sides of the non threaded part to maybe make a spot for a wrench if I can keep it shallow and not go to deep. Thanks for that!

·
Super Moderator
4,726 Posts
Yeah and those get water in the threads and rust bad. Maybe also shoot some PB and let then sit a while first before the torch. Once off..toss those Fk'rs as far away as possible.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah and those get water in the threads and rust bad. Maybe also shoot some PB and let then sit a while first before the torch. Once off..toss those Fk'rs as far away as possible.
Ok, so I got them off. Thanks!
A new problem has showed itself though... Not sure if it matters but I have ITP wheels. It feels as if they are not hub centric, when I mount them into the oem lugs, it doesn't seat onto the hub, it slides around within the area allowable of how think he lugs are.
So basically, am I stuck NEEDING this spacer kit? The black rings are tapered and the wheels fit snug onto them. Without the spacer ring he wheel just slides around.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
4,726 Posts
Well, you have hub-centric hubs and lug-centric wheels. You can do several things. 1-get new wheels. 2- get adaptors. 3- cut the centering flanges off the hub and use tapered lugs...which is what it looks like it used before. Lots of people have cut them off so you wouldn't be the first. Know you can never use hub-centric wheels again on it though.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok, I know what I'm gonna do.
1 of 2 options...
1- cut the rear wheel spacer down to match the front spacer dimention. I think front are about 1.25".
Or 2- what is my "type" of spacer called with the lug extensions and that poly ring? I can just buy the same thickness as the front so at least it won't be as much of a pain to maneuver when trying to plow.

I guess I'll just keep it spaced to a minimum.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts